Monday, March 01, 2021

End of February

The Forest Dragon explains to his brother that Spring is still on its way.

I'm thinking someone is still pretty Grumpy.


The Forest Dragon welcomes his new little one into the world.


I sat down by the creek Saturday afternoon and listened to the oak leaves rustle in the wind. By May the oaks should start budding and push the old leaves off the branches.
Sometimes I just wander about and look around. I stop and look at rocks. Or moss.


Or gaze at trees and let my mind float up and away. 
I listen to the breeze and the creek.

There is peace in the creek and of course nature's drama. Life goes on here and isn't bothered by Out There.

So ends February, the month of snowstorms and some very cold weather. A month that seemed to stretch on forever.

Time well spent on walks in the creek enjoying the snow and ice.


Days of amazing frost that touched the trees on the ridge.


Mornings of fog and ice.


...and learning more about Infrared [my current passion].

A LOT of time spent studying Still Life, lighting, and other avenues of photography to work on some skills. I've watched quite a few training videos for tips and ideas. I told my son last night that this seemed to be my only saving grace this winter when I couldn't get out and about.


What will March hold for us? 







4 comments:

  1. Val, your photos are always so stunning!! I may not always say so, but I think so. You capture the beauty of nature that surrounds you so very well (and thoughtfully)! Cheers to all good things in March!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks. I just enjoy seeing and sharing. Always looking to learn and 'see' more.
      Hoping for some fun in March. It sure was icy today out there!

      Delete
  2. I hope March has a vaccination for you! And some sunshine and warmth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No word yet on my age group. I will be of 'age' in 3 months so who knows? The J&J vaccine may move the timeline forward or me. Rich gets his second shot next week.

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.