Sunday, March 14, 2021

One of Those Few Days


Hubby had his second shot and he felt crappy for a few days so I had to make cookies. I knew he wasn't feeling up to par as he didn't snarf all the cookies down in one day.


He said we had a cookie thief and I said I'd get right on it.



Snow is forecast for Sunday night through Monday with up to 6 inches of wet heavy snow for our area with some hard winds. 
Winter keeps knocking at the door reminding as if to tell us ... it isn't over until ... what? The Fat Lady Sings? 

My week included appointments with the dentist [all good there...NO cavities!] The hygenist was a different one and she touched me deeply with her compassion. As I left the office she gently touched the small of my back and said, "See you! Take care!" That touch and comment meant so much more to me than it might have a year ago.

The eye doctor was Friday. I loved this young guy! What a hoot! I went to a new optometrist in town at the clinic. I am SO glad I did. I was told to go and buy my glasses on line...so much cheaper. The doc and tech were awesome. When I went to look at glasses I was even surprised more. 

I told the gal that I needed glasses that FIT my face. We ended up with child frames. Yeah, I am a little person. When she asked me what I thought, I asked her what SHE thought. How did they look? She pointed out that I'd have to be satisfied and I pointed out that she saw faces with glasses more than I did.
I said that the only time I would LOOK at the glasses was when I was in the bathroom. Otherwise the only important thing was to make sure I could see with them.
My old glasses were off for my distance vision. I could see better in the distance without the old glasses!
Enough of that.

Hubby has recovered from his vaccination. 
His mind or memory or perception of things this week has changed so much. I'd told him Monday that I ordered new hiking boots to replace the ones that were falling apart. He freaked out when UPS dropped them off and proceeded to yell at me for ordering unnecessary footwear.
He forgot about it overnight. 
Question or food for thought: Other issues? Or did the vaccine cause issues? Hmm.

Last night I said something about Daylight Savings Time and he told me I was wrong about spring forward. According to him I should move the clocks back so we get more daylight. Back.
Back.
Back.

I even showed him my cell phone clock this morning and he got irate. Everyone was wrong. Wrong. 
He has aphasia so sometimes the language is reversed. So I usually just ignore it and other times it causes real problems in our communications. He is She, Up is Down, and I think you get it.

I know that I will just adjust the clocks when he naps today on the stove and microwave and when he wakes up things will be just fine. Because I relented and just let the subject drop.
I keep forgetting my lessons regarding stroke and communications. And everything I learned while dealing with MIL and her dementia. 
Go with the flow.

I want a stuffed Llama so I can beat it up when I get frustrated. Drama Llama.


The memory and mind are interesting things. It sort of reminds me of a road that you've never taken ... you don't know where you will end up.









5 comments:

  1. Patience, you need so much of it. You handle it well...I know it is hard.
    Good for you eye dr and dentist...we have to make appointments to do those things:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:54 AM

    I love the idea of a Drama Llama. :) It’s hard to tell if the vaccine caused problems or if the tired exasperated them. I remember what an absolute A H hubby was when he was dealing with the cancer - it was not fun so I do understand the frustration. I wanted a punching bag hung in the garage, didn’t get it though. That caring human touch is such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you hit the nail on the head, thanks. I think fatigue causes muddied thinking and it sure does with him. I am such a dork for getting wound up.
      My son called last night and we chatted which made me feel so much better. He is a good egg.

      Delete
  3. Feels good to get appointments done. I've stayed current with dental care, but need to get my eyes rechecked. Mostly because I dislike my glasses. I wear my old comfy scratched up weaker pair most of the time. Understandable to feel the need for a drama llama. Pillows work when needed. Hard to determine causes. Hang in there. Hope you catch a break in the woods soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I let my eyeglasses slide which I shouldn't have done.
      I did get a wonderful break this weekend in the woods. Twice.

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.