Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Shot #2

So some of this will be about the second Moderna Shot for hubby. He recieved it yesterday at the Madcity VA. It was a nice day and we picnicked in the car on the way home.

So we ate out and had what we referred to as a 'late lunch date'. 


Today started out with thunderstorms and downpours which really reduced the snow cover and caused a small quick run off of water. Fog moved across the landscape and it really looked eerie.
Rich said he felt okay but just tired when he got up. Tired. After he did his morning routine, he complained about feeling tired. I told him that was normal for some folks and just to go lay down while I finished doing laundry and other things.

Then it was 'quiet' time for most of the rest of the day. The third time he laid down, Charlie decided he needed to be there too. He did his grunting thing that means he wants something...and I put him on the bed next to Rich. He immediately slid under the big blanket and lay with his back against Rich's. 

The outdoor temperature got up to 62 degrees. But my job was to sit and keep an eye on hubby.

I decided to work on my photo project. Whew, I sure did.
I have a lot more but better stop here? 


If nothing else it will be fun for others to look at this when I am gone.
Hmmm. Or not. 
I must do things that cause me joy.

I decided to watch a video on composites. 

I wanted to try one then. Something simple and not to difficult. I guess it started because I saw some 'overlays' and Photoshop Actions advertised that *will make your photos stand out!*
Um.
I realized that something I've done for years with 'creating' a sun flare or creating Bokeh and overlays... is now a thing that people sell in combo packs to drop on your photos...TO make them better! 100% guar---um---teed!

Excuse me while I cough. A photo is good if you take a good photo. 

And I will be the first to admit, I love editing and having fun.

Well I had time to literally twiddle my thumbs after making cookies for Rich. [I know he doesn't feel wonderful because he didn't scarf them down.]

Challenge.
Make a composite. 

Photo one:


Photo Two:
The Bear cut out...

Photo three:
The Composite.

I was surprised by the results and rather pleased.

Well, back to keeping and eye on Hubby.
He says he kinda feels like crap. Body aches and fatigue, no fever but a bit chilled.

His comment as he drags his butt off to bed again?

Better than a ventilator I think....
Stay well.






8 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:47 AM

    Yup, side affects are better than a ventilator. Hopefully he will feel better today. Bear looks so happy sitting in the woods just 'being'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see trying more of this artistic fun, it sort of is interesting to see the results. I've done composites before though and more for just kicks and giggles. Like putting Bambi behind my hubby in a photo where he was deer hunting!
      I'll update how he feels when he does get up.
      He did have a pretty good night so far as sleeping goes. He will complain anyway. ")

      Delete
  2. Better than a vent for sure. I am not looking forward to my second next Tuesday...I have some down time planned. My husband was tired for a number of days after his second.
    Have fun with composites!! I did some stuff with textures a number of year sago...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is awake and says he feels somewhat better and slept good. Today will be another day.

      Textures composites and messing around is my entertainment.

      Delete
  3. I rarely do composites, but I do find them interesting. I follow Tara Lescher photography on FB, she does mostly portrait composites and has a huge following. I find the info shared interesting. I've heard there are more symptoms with Moderna. Glad Rich is doing okay with his second shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People composites would be more interesting. The one I did years ago [not that great...but fun] made it look like a grizzly was walking up on me. The Flickr folks went nuts and were evidently fooled even though I tried to make it not so real.

      I will have to look up Tara Lescher! Cool and thanks!
      Oh the shot I did on Flickr:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/xenas_images/6839102889/in/photolist-YER757-qjZQ4X-bqmc24-aYfA2r-5GHSHM-aYfD1P

      Delete
    2. Fun shot, glad you didn't get eaten by the Grizzly ;) Here is the FB page I mentioned: https://www.facebook.com/groups/taralesher It is definitely portrait based, you might not care for it but I though you might enjoy some of the whimsical composites & overlays.

      Delete
    3. Thanks! I did browse her page. I don't have beautiful models for photos, but it sure looks like a fun thing to try on a rainy icky day when I can't hike! I love whimsy. But I could incorporate some of that with my crazy toys! Thank you!

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.