Thursday, March 04, 2021

Rock 'n Roll

 



Thought I'd have some fun with a different look. This is from the last day in February and the photos were of course shot in Infrared with a 665nm filter. 

Just playing with some art conceptions. High key concepts are fun as well as low key. 

Hint: I got sidetracked again while putting things away in the spare room. I messed with some old fiber board and a piece of white painted plywood. 





I was hoping for a wild and wooly snow melt but it doesn't look as though that is going to happen.

Charlie and I have been cruising the valley looking for signs of the big melt. What I am seeing instead is that due to the dry fall we had, it seems the snow is melting slow enough to soak into the ground.



The Ice Fingers are all gone now with night time temps staying just below freezing. 

Charlie and I hiked for a few hours yesterday in the valley. I stopped for a bit to work on the project I have way back by the obnoxious neighbor's empty land. I actually go to this spot a lot for picnics in the spring and summer. In the spring the patches of Leeks cover the forest floor.

We eventually made our way back down to the creek and headed home. 

Mr. Charlie is getting to be a pretty good assistant. He was tired enough to sit on a rock and watch as I knelt down in the creek to look for Caddisfly houses.


I have some really cool shots of him that I got yesterday. I haven't pulled the photos off yet as they are on the Infrared Camera. 

I'm taking my friend Bill today for a new hike at KVR. We'll park at Horse Camp aka as Willow Camp at Star Valley. Willow trail to old 131 ... a peek at the river ... then on to the pond and back up Star Valley road to the parking area. Bill wanted another easier hike so I picked a rout that would be a nice loop for him and Charlie.

Funny enough how this short legged guy just loves hiking. My cousin told me that Weiner dogs are notorious for disliking hikes. Charlie doesn't know that...I haven't told him that his 3 inch crooked legs were not made for hiking. The lady that I got Charlie from also said that his Pekinese half would be super lazy.

He can't handle the heat, but he sure loves wet, muddy, snowy, sloppy, trails. I didn't think he'd be up for another hike today but as soon as I started putting things in a back pack...

he went and sat on it.

He's ready to rock 'n roll.








7 comments:

  1. Charlie lets you know he wants to come with by sitting on your backpack?! What a clever dog!! I have seen a lot of Weiner dogs out and about over the years (not necessarily hiking) Pekinese not so much. I would not have guessed these low light photos were infrared. Looking forward to seeing your Charlie pics and post about your hike. I am heading out with the dogs soon. We have another nice day, enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he does, he nudges it over and sits on it. At least he doesn't fuss too much when I make him stay home. He will have trouble in his later years because one leg is a bit deformed, but the pack I have is also a doggy backpack so I can put him in it and hike. I think dogs just like being dogs!
      The fog photos were so dull at first so I experimented by doing some extreme things to it. I sort of enjoyed what happened.

      Our hike today was very nice. Charlie is now sound asleep on the bed next to hubby. He is doing his second job of comforting him and watching over him.

      Delete
    2. Charlie is a special dog for sure <3

      Delete
  2. Anonymous2:14 PM

    Great pictures, as always. Too bad the ice fingers have melted, they are perfect. Charlie is such a precious doggy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think everyone who has a pet knows they are the best in the world. My brother's cats are the coolest, my sister's cats and dogs are the neatest. My son's 16 yr old dog is amazing.
      My neighbor's girl keeps Madagascar Hissing Beetles and stick bugs that she adores.
      I think pets provide us a way to care and to love without any boundaries.

      Delete
  3. Charlie likes adventures and then naps! Oh and I like that shot of the mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh he LOVES his naps on the bed. Hubby had a bad afternoon so Charlie was there for him.
      I love the mailbox one too, it grounds the shot. The other one has had an inquiry from a friend who sells art and abstract art in her shop. Hmmm. Who would a 'thunk' it?

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.