Friday, March 12, 2010

Some Healing Time



























I've not been active with adventures for about a week.


Well you know what I did last week if you follow along with my blog.

I am getting better! So there is actual hope...

;-)

I am severely disappointed in myself. This is one of my favorite times of year. The snow is melting with warmer temperatures and rain.

This is the time of the year where things get fun in the dry washes and creek bottoms. Water flows in places that only occur during a major rain storm or flash flood otherwise.

I love to go down by the creek and watch the water boil with mud and leaves. It is like a renewal project.
The spring melt cleans the bottom of the creek and gets things 'freshened' up before Spring arrives.

I would like to have 'cursed' my doctor who was very smart and only gave me enough pain killers to take one at night to ease the throbbing ache in my chest.

She looked at me and smiled...'only for bedtime,' she said, 'if I were to give you any for during the day...I know you'd be trying to do something you shouldn't. Let pain be your guide.'
Indeed.

She knows me too well.

So I let pain be my guide.
Which stinks because of course I want to go wandering in the woods and have some adventures.
I may just have to crack open another book and read.

...and let things heal a bit more.

Here's a shot from a couple of years ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.