Monday, May 08, 2023

Weekend recap

Early morning hunt for eatable's in the forest with Olive.

Olive took a shot of me takin a shot
of the twisted trees...


Olive. Just as nutty as me!





Sunday morning's fog and morning walk...

Infrared IRChrome shot.
IR picks up more light and works
well on foggy scenes. IRChrome sees green
as red.


Cherry blossoms in the fog



Dandy-lions...

Multiflora Rose
Virginia Pinks
Wild Strawberries

Pheasantback mushrooms starting... I wasn't the only one interested in them!



It was warm and humid Sunday with occasional showers but I got a lot of gardening done. I hauled buckets of dirt from the old manure pile to patch up holes in the yard. I cleaned the gardens around the house and added dirt from that old manure pile to enrich the soil.

I dumped the old dirt out of my 3 containers I have for geraniums and refreshed them with new dirt. 

The mules all walked up for a grooming and I had an assembly line going. Each one walked up to me, got curried and then I tapped them on the rear end to move them along for the next in line. 

Last but not least. The first hummingbird showed up as well as the first Oriole. 

Tweet Tweet....




8 comments:

  1. It was good fortune that brought you and Olive together. I'm going to attempt some outside work this afternoon. The spirit is willing, we'll see what the body thinks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well even if you just get outside for a bit, it ought to feel nice!

      Delete
  2. I think that bird is a Redstart?? But that is most certainly a Hummingbird. You have lots blooming:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a Redstart and it has more white on it. This is an Oriole that makes a nest in our pines each year. Good eye though!

      Delete
  3. I need to get out my hummingbird feeder. The mules were appreciative of the attention. Made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For whatever reason, my red headed gal mule has been very needy of attention as of late.... :) I like that, she and I are very good friends.

      Delete
  4. Love the mule line up!
    I have been working on my gardens too. We do have old manure piles here but I am reluctant to use them in my veggie gardens because they used them to bury dead livestock. It's ok for the flowers but perhaps not my food. I will have to wait for my horse manure piles to compost enough for next year's containers. Meanwhile, I may have to buy or borrow some dirt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your leaning body looks like it kinda took on the same twist as that tree :) Olive sure looks like a character. So glad you two peas in a pod found each other!!

    Love the border droplets on the multiflora rose! You've trained your mules well. Our Orioles & hummers showed up too. The day after I put their feeders out, May 7 & 8th respectively. Nature is very exciting this time of year!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.