Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Spring Madness and fun

Nothing like feeling like a 'One Armed Wallpaper Hanger' in a rush to do a room!
That quote was something my Grandfather said when he felt busy and overwhelmed. Well, actually, he added a lot of cuss words to go along with that saying. I won't include any direct quotes here though.

Spring has been raging through the woods and it is fall in reverse. I try and find the trees leafing out and the blossoms that appear and disappear along with the urge to try and 'see' every ephemeral flower before it disappears.

Whew. The faster I go? The further behind-er I get?



Jacob's Ladder 
5 17 2023


Devil's Urn aka: 
Urnulacraterium
5 18 2023


Charlie with 'Wish Sticks'
aka Dandelion Seeds on him.
5 20 2023


Morning Dew
Garden Phlox
5 19 2023


 Wild Geraniums
5 20 2023


Sweet Cicely
5 20 2023


Trillium
5 20 2023


Trillium with Pink!
5 20 2023


Ajuga which gets such an ugly common
name:
Bugleweed
5 22 2023


I fenced off my meadow to try some rotational grazing. It may work or be an exercise in futility. However leaving the girls in one section at a time has so far made each section look a bit nicer. The draw back is that I have to walk them into the area and then late in the afternoon, bring them back to the front pasture for their minerals and water.

[That walk is about a quarter of a mile through some woods and gates to the meadow. But the girls understand this routine and follow until they hit the meadow.]

So far it is working. I get a lot of running, kicking, and farting from the girls in the morning as I lead them to their spot for the day.



But they quickly get down to business.





I had to make a list of to do's for each day this week as I have 'so' much going on. Don't laugh Miss Merry, you have a crazy busy life!
I crossed out the most of the work for Wednesday so Charlie and I can take a break and head out to KVR in the early morning to walk a trail known for its woodland flowers.

I have to be nice and sociable sometime this weekend too. So I need my down time. 
Apparently, so do the girls.



Update: :(
I have to put off the hike. Seems like once you make plans and look forward to them, things get messed up. Though it is no one's fault. I'll just go I 'hope' on Saturday??? 

Have a wonderful day...

5 comments:

  1. It's a buffet for the girls! Mine are now on pasture and happy about it. You have a lot of wild flowers, pretty. Fingers crossed you get your hike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful Spring flowers (and captures) to behold! Thanks for sharing the eye candy. Are these growing in your woods? Never heard of Devils Urn, an appropriate (looking) name. I believe I've come across them, if they are as tiny as I think they are.

    Your herd is so helpful! I bet they are enjoying the rotation and interaction with you. Love the group snoozing photo.

    Sorry about whatever came up that changed your hiking plans. Just remember, your next hike will be all the sweeter. Sending a hug, incase you need one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been taking pics of the flowers as they bloom.. but they never seem to make it to the blog. A well.. I don't really have the time or interest to look them up either. But they are eye catching. There is always so much to do and so little time to do it outside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am overwhelmed by the horses in this beautiful landscape. Good luck and joy to you.
    I keep my fingers crossed for your hike.
    The rapeseed fields are blooming so wonderfully on my blog at the moment... I'm sorry that I didn't describe it exactly.
    Thanks for your beautiful photos...here are the paddocks and wildflower meadows at the peak of beauty...spring is to die for. Greetings from Viola

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have blooms all over! The Mules are looking so pretty in the morning/evening light! Hope you get to hike soon:)

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.