Saturday, May 20, 2023

Busy buzzy

Mornings of haze and smoke from the Canadian Fires.
:(



 The Mini Split arrived and Dan the HVAC dude from 608 Plumbing and Heating came. When he backed the van up to offload the unit, I inquired if he need help getting it off the van and moved to its base.

He was surprised at first and then said "Sure!"

Inside the living room
where the indoor unit was to
go.


Outside the house where the mini split unit 
was to go.


With two people the unit wasn't that hard to maneuver. He said he often has to do these things alone and sometimes the office sends out helpers, but he didn't get one.
Here he is installing the bracket inside where the indoor unit will sit.

I helped him unpack the unit and get it up on the wall. I even pulled the hoses through the hole that he drilled through the house. Dan is a pleasant guy and loves to chat as he works. He explained everything he was doing which was interesting.


Most of the work took place outside. I made Rich go out to take a look.
Rich is talking with Dan. 


What the mini split looked like when finished on the outside.


What it looks like on the inside.


The old heater on the right will be used when the temps outside get below zero as a heat assist. Otherwise the newer and very efficient min heat pump will provide us with both A/C in the summer and heat in the winter for much less than we paid for the LP fuel.

Since we have a tiny home, this will be super efficient. I sure am looking forward to having a nice cool house when things get hot and humid out!


My impressions so far? YES!

This was a huge plus for our place. The heater - A/C is so quiet you barely notice it! Was it pricey? Yes, but since we have never had both A/C and heat before [other than a window unit in a unused bedroom upstairs] this will work wonders.

Color me happy.

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:02 PM

    I'm impressed. So perfect for your house. Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. The comfort even after one day is wonderful AND no noise!

      Delete
  2. Ohhhh. I like it! We have those stinking window units, always have. And now they are getting heavier and heavier every year we lift them to the window. We have baseboard radiators so we can't attach air conditioning to those. But I wonder if this would work for us? I will be researching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do. I'd call someone and have them give you an estimate. I was pretty amazed with it. However, it isn't cheap and for us one wall unit does the whole house since we have such a tiny place.

      Delete
  3. You will really enjoy the unit year round. The heat pump tech is a wonderful system. I found workmen want the people to talk with while they work. I sat with the guy replacing a water heater and he just chatted away. Found out his stepmom was one of my former students and he called her and had me talk with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what we are hoping for. Yes, I find that most repair guys love to talk about what they do and people in their lives. It is pretty nice to chat with someone.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! I usually try to talk to the service people, but aloof Minnesotans don't always appreciate me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had one of these installed in our Wellman Apartment. I have yet to use it. But I hear it is more efficient.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! That will make life more pleasant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY for efficient cool air & heat!! Both are a well deserved luxury of life. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well maybe it will be a cool summer now that you have AC! We are very happy with our AC it sure makes sleeping better!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.