Friday, May 26, 2023

Brrr! And happy Friday...




Brrrr on this Thursday morning! We have a heavy frost in the low lying areas. I'm happy that I didn't plant everything early and have all those poor little seedlings get frosted. 

But that is weather in Wisconsin!

It is the big summer kickoff weekend. People are putting out flowers at cemeteries. Campers are filling the highways. Detours are everywhere.

Generally we stay home for this weekend. In years past, we had Rich's mom and his daughter's family out for a cookout that was super simple. Roasted hotdogs and beans with chips on the side. 

We put out the old picnic table and I put a fitted sheet on it as a table cloth. I used to fill it with bowls of peonies and mason jars of iris flowers for decorations. The kids would roast wieners over a tiny fire and we'd all eat at the table.
Afterward the kids and Grandpa would do S'mores or Marshmallows. 

Since Rich's folks are no longer with us, that no longer happens. Time moves on doesn't it?

Speaking of campers and such...

It looks like Mickey and Minnie are setting off on a camping trip!


It sure doesn't look like a good road Mickey!


Uh Oh! Turn around, don't try it!


Well, they found a spot finally.


and...it looks like they have some friends that joined them to roast marshmallows.

We shall see what the weekend brings!

I know it will include climbing a bluff in the predawn and coffee overlooking a valley 100 feet below.

AND...

because I was feeling somewhat like a super hero all week, I had some fun with the gal who trims my hair....


All I need is a cape. But my Mickey Mouse jacket will do for the time being.

12 comments:

  1. Frost? noooo....
    I just did all my planting. Barely above freezing here this morning but everything is ok. Glad you delayed a bit! I was looking at bleeding heart bushes at the greenhouse a couple of days ago but didn't buy one. Now that we just signed a 5 year lease I may have to get one- the deer won't eat them apparently.
    A little fun with your hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a record cold for May which was weird.
      Yes, bleeding hearts are fun and amazing! If you know anyone, that has them, you could just ask for a piece to start your own.
      Most of my perennials are from 'sharing' with others!
      I often trade out a few plants and get some in return.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous8:34 PM

    No frost here in Kenosha. But it has been cold the last couple days. Fun to run out in the afternoon though. mid 60s. Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That lake will keep the temperatures moderate sometimes! You enjoy your weekend too!

      Delete
  3. That Mickey can be so brave with his camper. Love all the toys. Our family is down to just the two of us now. We did have a lot of fun for years but so many people, family, are gone. I need to share my Scooby Do shirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is sad really. I know what you mean. We used to have a fun little picnic on this weekend with other members of the family. I still have fond memories though.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful flowers & pics. No frost here either. The low lying/hollow area's might have gotten some. I stay far far (far) away from anything that resembles a park & major highway/interstate on holiday weekends. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually don't go anywhere on weekends and Holidays. I didn't think we'd run into anyone at 5am. We didn't.
      I once went to Devil's Lake during a holiday weekend and it was mobbed!

      Delete
  5. You should have colored it all! What fun! You are a Super Hero!! Hope you get to do that hike!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! This was enough of a shock for those who know me. But, it was and is fun...

      Delete
  6. Anonymous2:30 PM

    We are headed for the 80s and have had several beautiful days in a row. How do you decide what color to put on your hair? Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori, that is a good question. I've been doing a bit of little color here and there now about every 6 months or so.
      I can never decide and usually let the gal who cuts my hair decide.
      This time the other stylists and my gal took a vote before I got there and came up with the colors. Pink, orange, and red! If it was fall, I'd fit in with the leaves when I pull my hair up!
      It is fun!

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.