Saturday, September 10, 2022

Play time

My tomatoes are simmering, and all the outdoor work is done. Thank goodness I found some movies for the other half to enjoy while I have some time making things up and learning about this A.I. Stuff.

In my opinion, A.I art is interesting and I am curious as to where it will go. I really love the experience of going out and creating a mood with a photograph. So I am not saying it can take over the feeling of actually going out with a camera and creating a scene.

However, with the AI art, it is fun to type something up and insert it into the "Neural Engine" and see what appears.

Pennywise the Clown as an Octopus:

What love looks like:


[This reminds me of the profile of The Little Prince in the movie made in 1974, not the new movie.]





I swapped over to another program called Nightcafe. It uses 3 different methods of AI all of text based.

Knowing art styles is pretty helpful. I think I used 

Indigenous Native, full moon, clouds, epic sky the last one

as my prompt. This result was a surprise. I liked it in an abstract way. 


With all AI, there is a very steep learning curve and a lot of Geek Talk that I will never ever figure out. People discuss using 'servers' and what not.
I just stick with the basics and learn the language for making things up.

I'm not even sure what I used here, but it included futuristic, horror, moon and stones.


Talking of horrors! The sprayer on the sink wouldn't turn off! I didn't know how to fix it but went to bed dreaming of a sink that would attack me with water. I let that worry me until I fell asleep. I was sort of put out because I just got that set up in April!

But for fun I put this in the text:
Madness of a sink blowing colored bubbles.



The texts don't even have to make sense. 

Wait When Are Humans Going To Ask Me To Do A Drawing So I Can Demonstrate My Ability To Laugh monsters, witches, bats, and crows detailed matte painting 8k resolution holographic astral cosmic illustration mixed media by Pablo Amaringo


The image sure doesn't make much sense at all but I liked it anyway. I can see a hooded figure, a fly, misty stuff, maybe something electrical and it is moody.

I edited the text to read 
 
Skull in a cave with  monsters, witches, bats, and crows detailed matte painting 8k resolution holographic astral cosmic illustration mixed media by Pablo Amaringo street art



I was insanely surprised at the moody dark and kind of scary scene it gave me. It felt like I was going over to the dark side.

Some of the creations are pretty. Just that, nice and pretty.

Fall as I see it in my mind but never in reality.




There is something addicting to be able to 'create' images from words and then watch something appear on the screen before your eyes.

I've worked with Fractal Flames and Mandelbulb 3D works and experienced the fun of watching what transpires as a person uses different colors and formulas.




So while I have some time to myself, I thought I'd explore this new wave of art. It is fun and I don't know how it will fit in with other forms of art in the future, or how it will affect photographers and other artists.

It is fun, and I am enjoying it.



Oh...

And I fixed the sprayer! I watched a YouTube video on how to take apart a Moen sprayer and clean its guts to make it work right.

Yippee to me!
No more gushing water to dream about.




11 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:16 PM

    You are such a talented smartie! Those programs are amazing and so are your end products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to label this AI art as Art therapy ... It is a stress reliever and a good way to distract the mind from things that may be bothersome for a bit.

      Delete
  2. You are an artist and a plumber! Way to go fixing the sprayer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The AI Art is very controversial at this moment, but I think that it is another step in the changing art scene. Just like when the first digital cameras came out folks said it would never replace film.
      Or when photoshop was new and staunch critics thought it was an atrocity.
      Things keep changing and I am just curious by nature.

      The sprayer is sort of fixed, but at least it won't spray the kitchen when I turn on the faucet!

      Delete
  3. All your outdoor work is done? Wow! I wonder what that feels like. We put a big dent in our outdoor caretaking fun yesterday. Never a lack of things to do here.

    No clue why every single thing in the world needs to be so controversial. I would call this "fantasy art" but what do I know, not much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I couldn't mow and I bought my veggies at the Farmer's Market, the flower beds are not huge but they are nearing the end of their life.
      I fed the mules hay and that was that! LOL!

      I like rainy days. I even read a book and took a nap. Sigh.

      Delete
    2. PS...I have always been a fan of fantasy art...

      Delete
    3. Reading & napping sounds wonderful!! I enjoy rainy kinda days too.

      Delete
  4. The thing that matters is what you said. It's fun and you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are wonderful visuals. You are having a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.