Friday, September 23, 2022

I love luv fungi hunts dislike tests

In pursuit of cool Fungi in September. 

Coral Fungi.



In my dreams the fungi hunts look more like this:




If only they were so easy to find! Plus they don't look like that. 

Generally they are less enticing than those 'dream' works.

No, I do not know what these are. I suspected Shrimp of the Woods perhaps? But they really didn't seem like them.



Close up of the odd little fungi.
It smelled like a mushroom, and felt like one too. They grew away from the dead tree on where the roots had been close to the surface of the earth.



They looked nothing like the Shrimp of the Woods that Olive and I found.

The ones below were on a what appeared to be a stump. I have no idea what they were and they dried up fairly quickly with the dry weather we are having.


Are these honey mushrooms in a couple of different stages? Or are they something completely different?



I don't know, however I really enjoyed finding them and searching the woods.


We found tiny puff balls resting on damp wood.


And Wolf's Milk hiding in little crevices of other damp pieces of wood.


That's about it. I have no symptoms. And the test has come back negative two days in a row.

I figure now that my headache and stomach upset yesterday was A. From worrying or B. From the Booster.

I dodged it one more time.
Let's say yah to outdoor friendships and travelling with the windows down!

We both will mask next time we are in a car together.

I do dislike those tests, but the home one wasn't so bad!

[created this in Wombo AI art program just for
this blog. I guess there is a use
for it!]
Have a good weekend.
I know we will!


6 comments:

  1. I enjoy the real photos and the dream images! I wonder if I will ever feel comfortable inside a building with others without a mask again. It's a challenge for me with family as my son's wife has several siblings who refused to vaccinate or be cautious. I've had Covid once, before boosters. It was not something I want again. I hope to have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I get nervous around those who think that Covid is nothing to worry about. One friend of mine that I hiked with has had it 3 times. And they are having a wedding this weekend followed by a family reunion. I know that his family did this in the spring and several people ended up with Covid.
      I shrug.

      The ability to make my own fun images to go along with some of the posts is pretty fun!

      Delete
  2. Glad you escaped Covid. I still have a sinus headache and I am 8 days past booster. Maybe it is a "Fall" thing. Fungi are fun...I think there is an app for ID of fungus...maybe you need a microscope!! That would be fun to do! Hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'll be tidying up around the place a bit as my nephew and his new wife will be stopping midweek. They live in their van and are musical artists so it should be really interesting!

      Delete
  3. Anonymous8:00 PM

    Shrimp of the woods! I have yet to positively ID them, but they do derive from Honey mushrooms. ( Another ID I am never 100% on... ) I have found the ringless honey mushrooms, but those were OBVIOUS! and huge! I hear the shrimp of the woods is very tasty, so I cant wait to positivly find a bunch. I also found the wolfs milk and it was a wonderful shade of bright pink. Previously, I only found the old stuff that had turned brown. Busting them open there was no mistake. ( too bad I didn't have picures.) The crowned coral is very tasty! Been finding it here all summer and I pick it whenever I can. Great over steak!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fungus is fun to find. I don't eat any of them because I know nothing about them. They are fun to photograph. I don't have a statue of a dwarf but that ould work well with the photos.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.