Saturday, February 12, 2022

Trees trees trees...

In years past, I've always concentrated on what is below the trees. For some reason this past year, I've been looking at trees with more interest.
I still adore fungi, moss, and bugs but right now there are none of those things available to look at under the snow.

The skies have been overcast and dull or it has been bright as all get out! 


Birch Trees 
edited to look artsy





Boxelder
seriously...
I wasn't smoking anything!



I found myself looking for objects that lend themselves to almost an abstract and artistic flair.

If nothing else, it is fun to hike our deep woods to find something interesting. I need to figure out what these trees are. They hang on to little orange leaves. They catch my eye while walking on the deer trails.

I used a ribbon that was attached to a deflated Mylar balloon I found to one of these trees so I can try and ID this tree type in the spring.



Snow storm!
The view across the neighbor's meadow to the east. 



Super duper zoom in
on a crooked tree branch

A friend of mine said it looked like neural brain synapses...
Hmmm, my brain was just enjoying the snowfall.


Another view of the same 
branch...
Amazing how a different shot and color edits
can make it look:



I thought of Aurora when I found this tree---> pointing down. 

Sorry it is such a poor photo, with the snow fall I had a hard time getting any proper exposure against the snowy sky.
However it is one awesome -cool -bizarre -wild cherry tree. I know last summer I never saw what it looked like up in the branches.



This bizarro tree lives near my favorite boxelder and the smushed face tree I spotted last June:


That makes 4 favorite odd and strange trees in one small area.

Winter is a good time to examine branches and shapes. I found some other wicked and strange trees on my walk around the meadow in yesterday's snowfall. 

Man Eating Tree?

*Edit 3 10 2022: Old Hawthorn Tree*


I'm enjoying the bare bones of the trees in the forest around me...but I would be lying if I said I didn't miss the forest and all of its glorious colors.


After all, trees rule the land around us.



4 comments:

  1. Great edits on the birch trees & box elder! They really bring out the character and give them more feels.

    That wild cherry is awesome, it has SO many burls!! What a cool find. Thanks for thinking of me :))

    You really are finding some unique trees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I like the trees! That might be a what we call a Thorn Apple with the thorns. I wish it was green too instead of white:0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely possible, some of the wild apple trees have thorny branches!

      Delete
  3. You have some great shots. Trees are wonderful with or without leaves. I admit I looked out today and wished I could see some leave buds forming.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.