Wednesday, February 09, 2022

Ever make a Haiku?

Wow, making a Haiku is hard especially when limited in syllables.


Yeah that has the syllables but makes about as perfect sense as most Haikus ever written.

I actually sat down and tried to make one up.

First I tried an automated generator form on the internet and the result said "Not safe content". I'm not sure why words like winter, cold, wind, white, and snow could be construed as adult content so I did this the old fashioned way.

Paper and pencil with coffee and curse words. Basically, I couldn't think of anything clever. I looked up Haikus on winter and nothing fit either. So I was left to create something myself.

Snow Drifts


Now I need to think of one regarding trees. I don't know why I decided to go to the world of poetry and Haikus at 5 in the morning, but I did. 

I guess it is a good brain exercise after the past two days of events.

One more just so I won't bore anyone.

Apple Tree




I'm going to stop here
my brain hurts
and my coffee
is cold


5 comments:

  1. My brain would be tired too! My daughter the English Professor would probably write them very quickly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you started the Wordle and Nerdle trend yet? I do them first thing with coffee to try and fire the brain cells a teeny bit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd get hung up on playing I think and I wouldn't get on with my day? :)

      Delete
    2. This is the good thing, one of each in every 24 hours, so done and dusted in five minutes.

      Delete
  3. Only when I had to in school. I enjoy thought provoking poetry, but not a fan of Haiku.

    You did good! I give you an A :))

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.