Friday, February 11, 2022

Charlie on Training.

 


I am the little guy, but my legs are thick and heavy boned. My coat is rough, tough, and thick. I like to be the leader. Well, that is, unless I hear a hawk screeching overhead. Then I run to the mom and put my front paws on her leg. 
She has learned that means: Lift me up and protect me.

When I am in the house, I guard the couch. 


You might never know when someone would like to break in and take the ratty old thing. 

At night I sit between my people and keep an eye on them. What would they do without me?

Shhhh, don't tell anyone, but lately the Big Guy has been letting me take morning naps with him. I guess this is kind of weird because everyone said HE didn't like dogs in the house at one time. 

And he never used to let them on the couch. And it is a big NO-NO for them to nap on the bed with humans.

My Big Googly eyes and sad face expression breaks his heart every time. All I have to do is give him a soulful look. He even tucks me in with a blanket for naps.

I learned a new trick and it makes the Her laugh. When She is ignoring me just before breakfast or supper time. I slowly walk up and tap her foot with my paw. Three times and she starts to giggle and immediately tells me how smart I am. She feeds me right then!

I guess she never heard of Pavlov's Theory. I've been working very hard at conditioning her responses. 

The Big Guy is a piece of cake.

I sometimes wonder if she wouldn't get lost without me to guide her in the wilds of that Kickapoo place. 


Humans. I think all pets should own one. They are so amusing and not that hard to train!


Everyone thinks I don't like Her putting hats and clothes on me. Well...finally a Hat I can really get into!



Heheh!


Don't I look just awesome and fearsome? [Hint, that was a yawn! or am I laughing?]

I think I look pretty awesome in it.

6 comments:

  1. Great post!
    Charlie, you nailed it. Every pet should have such trainable humans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Charlie you make me smile! You look dashing in the skunk hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlie, you are a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charlie is such a neat guy. He does train his humans successfully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charlie is all kinds of awesome!! Love how he has you trained :)

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.