Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Things in 3's

Really do things happen in threes??? 3's? Threez?

I had made an appointment with the Subaru dealer to update my Starlink on the vehicle. Over the weekend I noted that the NEW tires on the front end were not holding air like they should be. I decided to complain to my man Seth at the Dealership.

He again assured me that um, that happens. I said 'You said that 3 months ago. Every 4 weeks I am having issues.'

I mildly asked if he wanted me to go all Karen on him. [Internet Slang...I think...] His eyes widened behind his mask and then he sighed and said he'd take care of it.

I calmly explained that we'd been dealing with a 'tire' issue for 3 months and I was frankly looking to figure it out. I'd bought new tires as he advised me to...and yet here we were again.

My upgrade happened. 

4 hours later, Seth came to me with the paperwork. 

"Your tire stems were bad," he said, "but I took care of the cost of replacing them."

He couldn't see my Karen smirk behind my mask. Both Seth and I knew that I'd raise holy hell after 3 months of him telling me 'it just happens' and replacing the tire stems. OH Wait! I had said this exact thing 3 months ago! I gently reminded him that the TPS was under warranty.


This morning I popped open the laptop and....got...

Eternal spinning dots...updates then a message

We couldn't update your computer so we are removing the updates.



 4 hours later [I did chores while the little dots spun, I took Charlie for a walk, I made coffee...I danced in the morning dew, I emptied the rain gauge, and did laundry....

I resisted the insane urge to throw the laptop out through a window...

I found a frame and glued my pressed flowers into place...


Finally I got the laptop working again and paused all updates since this had happened last week also.

Nifty. I was on a roll!

Until I wasn't.

I went to the basement to get some bacon out to thaw for our special spaghetti dinner.

The freezer door was open.
Wait. What?

Holy crap! All that meat I'd gotten at the butcher for the next 3 months? 
Soft and mushy. 

I would have made a sailor blush with my cursing. I'm sure somehow that I alone....had been the culprit as the other half never goes down the basement. Ever.

They say, make hay while the sun shines, right?

I retrieved some plastic tubs and said to hubby as I walked out the door with the messy drippy stuff and threw it in the yard.....

Gosh I sure wanted to defrost that freezer downstairs! Guess today IS the day!

And then I laughed as I piled the messy crap in the little cart attached to the 4 wheeler.

Hubby came to watch me. What's up?

Me: Oh nothing much, just doing a little defrosting. 

He looks at the melted bloody meat and says: Surely you are not throwing that out?

Me: Of course not. I'm going to feed Shirley the coyote.

He shrugged  and headed back to the kitchen table to watch out the window and drink coffee.

And I thought to myself that at least he was unaware of what really happened and it doesn't even bother or faze him. The old hubby would have been yelling and screaming his bloody head off.

Sometimes issues with the thought process are a blessing.

The 'yotes will eat well. Flavored brats, cracked pepper seasoned hamburger, a few steaks and lots of old Tough Bart. I had been thinking of getting rid of that old Tough Bull meat. 

I know. A waste of food. 

It was.

However, the newish freezer will be brand spanking clean and totally defrosted.

am 

so 

done

with 

threes!




5 comments:

  1. Holy Hannah!
    At least you didn't have to deal with stinky rotting meat, like when the power goes out when you are away..... That's when you throw the freezer out with the meat.
    I heard there's a lot of sunspot activity lately that interferes with electronics. My Android phone has been weird for the last month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely my own human error that screwed up. My 'puter is not able to do any updates which I expected sort of at 9 yrs old.
      LOL! Yesterday the only thing that did work was my phone! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh no...that was a sad mess. I am worried I have too much in our freezer...it is an old one...I check it several times a day. OCD. Hope your computer decides to fix itself...and I am glad you got the tire situation solved! :) Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have an upright in the basement and one in the shed. The one in the shed is so hard to get to in the winter!
      I am looking at purchasing a laptop to replace this one. I can't stand it when I get an Uh Oh message and it shuts down while I am working on something.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous7:08 AM

    Yup, those 3's are hard to handle. You should be golden for some time now after all that mess. The dried flower picture is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.