Tuesday, September 28, 2021

The Deal!

 

Spectacular sunrise.
It set me in a good mood.



A little bit of morning Yoga on the porch was fun too with the mules staring at me as the sun peaked over the trees after my morning walk.

I know some folks think I life the Life of Riley. I am learning to become more chilled and perhaps less stressed out.

I stretched my old aching parts out and then did the chores. Then it was a trip to the Big Town for groceries. I wanted to browse and stock up on things. Huh. 

The aisle with paint? Nearly empty! I guess shortages are the thing we feared a year ago and are now coming to pass. Interesting isn't it?
I stocked up on my canned stuff, dry goods, and items I really did NOT need. I purchased an all weather blue tooth tiny speaker to carry into the woods, or garden, or ...well, wherever. I also purchased a Groot ornament. I mean who can pass up that cute guy? I love the raccoon too. I'd love an action figure of him.

Two brightly colored dinosaurs [cheap] dropped into my basket for doing some more Treasure hunt games with the neighbor kids. Who can resist dinos that are $1?

I went to write an email back to a fellow blogger for a meet up. My stupid poor old laptop froze up and crashed. BSOD. Blue Screen of Death again. Yeah. Well, I had custom ordered the top of the line in 2012, so I am guessing things are starting to have issues.
Sort of like a brain with malfunctions.

I did some phone calls and wrote out some checks. One for the skid steer service call.

Boring Monday stuff. Phone calls and bookkeeping crap. You know the drill.

I got all of that out of the way and decided to chat with Lenovo. I have been watching their site for over a year. So I decided to make an inquiry. Did you know that many desktops and laptops have a shipping estimate of 4+ months? I've had friends who have waited forever on refrigerators and other items. 

Last week at the dealership they had one new Subaru on the lot. One.

Back to Lenovo. I talked to some IT folks in town and they said they stood by Lenovo. Dell had some nice slick computers as did ASUS and ACER. The specs I wanted would have gone over $2,600 with a Surface Pro. 

Lenovo had one with the specs ready to ship and on sale [truly on sale because I've been watching their site for over a year]... I bought it. I took a deep breath and dove right in. 
As soon as my card was run, I was called by the credit card company to see if I'd authorized the purchase. This is how their fraud department works. It was an unusual purchase and it was flagged for a call.

That was absolutely cool.

Tomorrow? Tuesday?
The Rock.

Meeting up with a friend.
Hiking in the morning light. 

It will be like Yoga of the Mind.


If you can make a way to learn to chill with your mind and life, it is really something quite awesome.

I'm learning, one small step at a time. 

That's the deal.




8 comments:

  1. Sure sounds like you are doing all the right things. I am seriously enjoying what is working for you. I need to follow your examples . Need to get my own life in order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I just set out a few simple rules that I knew I could follow. It really helped.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous12:06 PM

    I'm happy that you found yet another way relieve the stress from caregiving and chores. I am learning to chill but as of yet haven't taken the yoga mat out of the closet. :) I did claim a doll from the complex stuff exchange, it's amazing what a good listener she is. :) There are shortages here now too and I have a feeling it will get worse. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really surprised at the shortage of the toys in the store! Half the shelves were empty. I found the bin of dinos on a nearly empty shelf.
      All of my meat comes from a local guy and farms so no shortage there.
      But man, it is strange!
      I hope to avoid shopping for about 3 weeks.

      Delete
  3. Good computers are expensive...but I figure it is worth the entertainment...we don't go on vacations or out to eat so what the heck:) Besides that we are worth it and so are you! You sound great! Hope you are having a great hike!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sort of think it is like getting a sport car. It may be so fast I will get up and dance. Opening a photo right now can take up to 2 minutes.
      The hike was wonderful. Now Charlie and I need a nap!

      Delete
  4. I am so happy you are finding and learning new things that work for your well-being! Even more so that you are doing them!! Key word, doing. Reminds me of the Physical Therapy haters I frequently hear saying "PT doesn't work". Well yah, you gotta actually DO the prescribed moves for them to make a difference!!

    You are going to be amazed at the lightening speed of your new 'puter!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a PT patient for nearly 5 years with multiple shoulder and elbow surgeries and those PT folks really put me back together and I was absolutely ALL into it.
      I took some test shots of areas I am thinking of doing in a project. The sun is too harsh to do it much of anything on a sunny day.

      I'm going to be skeered of the new puter!

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.