Saturday, April 15, 2023

Seriously Unplugged

 Well, our internet, Wifi, fiber optic phone 'stuff' has been going out intermittently the past few days.
Last night everything stopped working at 4pm ish and came back some time in the middle of the night.

I called their Help line with my cell phone last night and the nice gent on the other end had me test the power strip, plug and unplug things which were nearly impossible to unplug [either it was my poor arthritic fingers that couldn't grasp correctly or something!]. I finally got so frustrated after my cell phone beeped and said NO cell reception where I was at...

The tech called back and we tried it again. Nothing was working on his end either. He suggested a 'ticket' to send out a tech to deal with it. I said that was what I would prefer.

Our wifi and the battery pack is all owned by our phone company and their techs have always been great. They replaced it 7 years ago and I suppose the machinery is old? The nice thing is, they have to solve the issues.

We spent Friday evening with no TV. I read a book, hubby fidgeted. I made him sit on the porch with me so we could watch birds and just enjoy the weather.

Ariel had left to go home. We had a really great time together. Instead of hiking, we went to indoor flea markets that are prevelant in our area. We had fun looking at some of the totally weird stuff that people brought in to sell.

We've had two very hot days with high winds and this afternoon we will change over to rain and thunderstorms and Sunday evening we have a Winter Storm Watch with 4 to 7 inches of snow to dump on us.

If I don't visit your blog or reply to comments or any emails I get. Then our system went down again and we are Seriously Unplugged.


For now though, I am going out to enjoy the sunshine and mild morning before Mother Nature changes her mind again!


Funny photo of Charlie...he likes to carry his own leash when we go on a walk...


Peacefulness at Tainter Hollow:



Spidey web in the early morning light:


Maple Catkins. Did you know they had flowers? 


Have a great day!

Pictures of the Ugly Chair we found at one of the Flea Markets later! Can't wait for a new paint project!

9 comments:

  1. I hate technical issues. Because I don't understand technology at all! I hope "the tech" can fix what is ailing your lines or fibers or whatevers. We just got a new fiber optic line which is working great. It replaces the cable package we got in 2020 which worked great for . . . months. That replaced some kind of internet package we had with someone else. I only wish we could have something that would last 7 years. And be affordable. That would be nice, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm seriously impressed that the tech came out in the morning and couldn't find anything wrong but he changed a couple of things and it seems to be fine now. I am very pleased with our local co-op service.
      We even get $$ back from them every other year!

      Delete
  2. Nice photo of the Spider web. Hope that is the end of your wifi problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, if not we'll deal with it. It was nice not watching TV last night and just enjoying the quiet.

      Delete
  3. I have a love-hate relationship with technology and it's endless variable and constant need for upgrades. I hope you don't become seriously unplugged. Sounds like the tech fed the gremlins. I am with you on the TV racket. If it was up to me, we wouldn't have one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't have one for 19 years. We watched stuff on a laptop together for a bit. I don't exactly remember when, but my son bought us a little flat screen TV.
      As long as it keeps the other half busy, I guess I'll put up with it! ;)

      Delete
  4. I love flea markets but I have so much junk already. I just like collecting old things with history.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every once in a while I take some of the 'junk' I've collect and find it a good home. I sort it in and sort it out of the house!
      You have some really neat stuff.

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.