Monday, April 17, 2023

From Sun and Warmth to...


This is Olive's little boy Aiden, we got to do some play time in the yard on Saturday afternoon.

Olive stopped by with fresh Eggs from her gals.

We had some rain and a lot of nice weather on Saturday. The daffodils even enjoyed it.


By chore time Sunday afternoon, they were not Happy Daffies.



The pine trees in front of the house were laden with ice and snow.


By Monday morning the snow was 5 inches deep at the bird feeder under the pines and knee deep on the hill behind the house.


The iris plants were partially buried.


I walked along some branches that were overhanging the hot wire they were drooping so I shook them and they rattled with ice. Some snow came off but not much.


I knelt down to get a shot of the Bluebells that were ready to bloom...



I went in the house to do something and suddenly the mules were running and snorting. One of the large box elder sections of a tree came down where I had been.

I shut the gate to that area and decided I'd deal with that issue when things warmed up which it is supposed to do this week.

I might have to check in with a couple of my ridge neighbors to see if I can barter or trade for some chain saw work.

From the extended forecast of rain from Tuesday through Thursday, it looks like I might just have to take hand loppers and and see if I can get the stuff off the at least one fence.

Perhaps I'll just ignore it today and just have some tea with Miss LaFleur.



8 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:14 PM

    Crazy weather! Beautiful photos. We went from the 80s to the high 30s. Hope we don't get your snow. Hope you can get some help with that tree. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. So grateful you weren't under the tree that fell! Oh my gosh. It is heartbreaking when it snows on Spring flowers. Now my husband is hoping it does get cold enough to freeze the blossoms on my apple tree. He is not a fan of picking up the downfalls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do understand that picking up the apples after they fall is not fun. My hubby cut down an apple tree just for that reason. I'd love to have one again.
      The neighbor's wild meadow has scrub apples in it so I do get to see them and pick them. The deer get the ones dropped.

      Delete
  3. Oh Val, I love that first photo! You are so happy, exuberant in your element. A kid magnet. Surrounded by sunshine and your happy herd. Great daffy pics too, including the cold ones. Sorry to hear about the tree. At least it didn't fall on anyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ..and Sunshine the mule is standing right behind me with her sister Sundance. :)
      Many of the daffodils that were blooming have their heads on the ground, but others are springing up as the snow melts.
      Yes, kids make me Happy!

      Delete
  4. I hope you had tea with Miss LaFleur. That is a good photo at the top. Most of our Sunday snow has melted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty snowy photos! Hope you are melting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes have some tea and that tree will be there for days to come. Take off some each day. That snow is disgusting after while. Cold rain this morning got my shirt wet but I got the job done anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.