Sunday, April 16, 2023

Saturday Adventures Abound


 Here is the prize Ugly Chair I got. I love it! It has been painted green underneath which shows through the ugly brown paint. It has scratches and worn spots, but it is sturdy and fits me just right. This summer I'll sand it and prime it, then paint it into a wildly colorful Happy Chair.

Hubby wants me to strip it and finish it. A Happy Chair is always more popular. My grand kids used to try and get to the colorful chairs first when they stayed with us. It is no secret that I like fun stuff. It is no secret that there is an in law who is horrified that I don't have one matching wooden chair around my old wooden table. 

The kids loved this chair! It was an old wobbly one I found in the shed and cleaned up. I did my best to unwobble it with glue and screws, but eventually it came apart.


It has been a while since I got to do a nice chair for inside. I found another neat chair at the Flea Market, it was SO ugly I loved it. The last layer of paint that chair had was bright pink with a white splotch on the seat. 

Another great find at the second hand shop was this jacket. Since I wear children sized clothes, this XL kids jacket fit perfectly.


Bonus! Mickey Mouse! Yes!

I went out to the woods after breakfast and chores to see if the Spring Beauties had appeared in the upper woods.

Imagine my surprise at finding Mayflower plants emerging where I'd burned weeds a few weeks ago.

Looks like my pals were out too! Doing selfies! Good thing they found that Quad pod!


Spring Beauties!




They have started! I was so thrilled that I didn't mind sitting in the midst of briers to get close to them. While there I heard thunder and the sunlight faded out.

A big thunderstorm moved in for about 40 minutes. As soon as it passed I trotted back out to look for cool things.

Virginia Waterleaf plant emerging:



Catkins on a Maple Tree:


Another thunderstorm threatened to move in and then hubby wanted lunch. Sigh. Spring was Springing and I wanted to be in it!

After the storms hubby went for his nap and I went to a place where I knew I'd find wild flowers.

Wood Anemones:



Virginia Bluebells:


Trout Lily leaves! That means they should flower very soon!


Remember Frank who had so many misadventures with his Storm Troopers? Well, he decided to get some R&R.
I found him doing this:


After chores and about supper time, we got a visit from Olive, Aiden, and Gerti. But that is a whole new blog entry regarding neighbors and barters. 

Now it is Sunday. It is cold, wet, and yucky. We will be under a Winter Storm Warning tonight into tomorrow morning with 8 to 12 inches of snow predicted. The days after the snow will be in the 50's so this will melt rapidly.

That means more excitement in the woods. Since I can't go anywhere until it melts, I imagine I'll have fun watching a large snow melt and run off in the creek and valley. 

Who ever said living in the boonies was boring? I'm absolutely over the moon with the weather and flowers.
Hubby says I am not quite right in the head.


11 comments:

  1. Oh your Spring flowers are ever so pretty! We had snow this morning but it is melting. I find it kinda funny that you are not right in the head...but think a lot like me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are beautiful! And right now they are buried under about a 6 or more inches of snow!

      Delete
  2. Of all your flower finds, I love trout lilies the most. When I first saw them I couldn't believe they were wild. I thought garden escapes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Trout Lilies are always very exciting to find. At least after years and years of searching, I know where to find them!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing your day of spring! Boo to winter making a return visit. I just love your happy chairs. Can't wait to see what you do with this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snow will provide a much needed boost of nitrogen and moisture to the soil so it will be good in a way as much as it is bad.

      Delete
  4. I've know all my life I'm not right in the head, so we belong to the same club! Those flowers are really pretty. We had a snow storm yesterday. Today it's melting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL on that. Not right in the head. My Grandson and Granddaughter both think my toy photography is awesome. Geeze, thanks kids.
      Maybe I just never grew up?

      Delete
  5. Funny how different we all are. I love that brown & green together. You will enjoy creatively brightening it up and making the chair your own! Great MM jacket find.

    You found so many beautiful signs of Spring!! Many of my bulbs were showing off their colors. It's no fun seeing their short lived blooms ruined by snow. As you know, it happens most years. Good thing there will be many more blooms to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have that top ugly chair too. It isn't made of good wood so paint is good. My late wife's mother had it to put wash basins on to rinse clothes. I like the red, white and blue one too. I had six of those to get rid of when I moved to a new place. I kept giving them away, throwing some away, and putting some on the curb. Your spring flowers are so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That chair will probably be around until it starts to fall apart. I like to sit in it as it is slightly taller than my previous chairs. I have an old one that I'm going to use as a plant holder this summer.

      My flowers are just starting, I sure do love flowers !

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.