Sunday, March 12, 2023

Time change and snows...

 This was too good not to share with others:



We had another 3 inches of beautiful snow and I know a lot of folks are wishing winter was over. I just think of this beautiful stuff as Winter's Last Hurrah for the season.
Of course I'll take a walk in it and enjoy it because soon enough, I'll be hoping again for Spring and the colors of Spring.

Mud season will appear again and make me grumpy so today I played with some colors and some AI text and came up with just a few pretty things. I like mixing a real photo with an AI text and getting something more unique than fairies and strange looking things.

I'm not impressed with some AI most people just want pretty plasticky looking models and others are really far out weird. 




I really am looking forward to daffodils and maybe even some crocus flowers appearing in the yard...then come the tulips.

The wildflowers begin to emerge by mid April in the forest and burst forth in the first few weeks of May.

Truthfully...I miss the color world right now!



I'm thinking of gobs of zinnias and mixed flowers just like last year. The zinnias provided me with a lot of color and interest with the butterflies, hummingbirds, and beautiful insects.
I'm going to plant a large swath of Nasturtiums around my porch. I did this last year and was amazed at how tolerant the plants were and how prolific they were. 

I gathered quite a few seeds this fall and will add a package of mixed colors.

The pallet garden was somewhat a failure last year so I'm going to be shade tolerant plants in the pallets this year. I forget that by June, that side of the house gets a lot of shade.

As soon as I can, I'll be moving iris plants. 

I guess I'm missing flowers!


I did take some photos of my neighbor's woods yesterday in the snowstorm. The deer really loved the fact that he has been cutting down the trees that were damaged from overgrazing with goats.

We counted 14 deer!


And just for fun.
This mornings doings around the bird feeders. 14 seconds.




Enjoy your day. I'm going to go out and admire the snow before it turns to mud.

5 comments:

  1. It's supposed to be cold here, but it has been above freezing all day today. Funny that it continues to snow. I guess this is the Lake effect in action. Lots of heavy wet stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty flowers & I enjoyed the birdee video!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty art you made. I miss gardening, I hope to be able to do something this year. I don't put out bird feeders. It just turns into a hunting ground for the cats. I would enjoy watching them if I could.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get that. We don't have any cats around here. In the summer there is one that hunts rabbits in the shed.
      Our biggest problem are the woodchucks.

      Watching the birds is one of the things my hubby likes to do.

      Delete
  4. Such pretty art with the flowers, I miss flowers too. Enjoy your snow before it is mud:)

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.