Thursday, March 16, 2023

Social Butterfly!

 Somehow this week, I became a Social Butterfly.

A few weeks ago, an old acquaintance of mine texted and asked if we could meet for supper in Mid March. She was one of my 4H students from years ago. I think we met when she moved into the area and I rode my horse past her house.

I stopped to say hello and she went nutso over my horse. She joined 4H and I worked with her in the Horseless Horse Program. We worked with my grade gelding as my mare was still pretty green. She was in High School and a great student. She went on to place in the upper 10 slots at State for Horseless Horse walk trot. A lot of other folks helped us do fancy things like doing the mane and tail and they provided her with a show saddle.

We've remained friends through the years. Now her older daughter is in her first year of college, the youngest will be 15 soon. They live near Racine so we don't get to see each other a lot.

We met for supper in Spring Green as that was about half way for the both of us. She was doing a travelling set up for the company she works for and ended up in Baraboo, WI. 

We spent a couple of hours at Culvers getting caught up on each others' lives. It was great to have just myself and her at the table without her kids or hubby interrupting. 


There we are. Not a great shot of us but who cares? We did the math and ... geeze, we've been friends for over 30 years! Yikes!

Hint. I'm not the blonde one. I'm the one in the old sweatshirt and baseball cap.

I drove home in the dark. Hmmm. Now a year ago, I wouldn't have done that at all. BUT!
I could see! I could see even with normal headlights. Things were clear as a bell unless someone with those new fancy LED headlights had their brights on and didn't dim them. I had no visual problems.

Wow. I was so happy and stunned at the same time. I turned up the volume on my Pandora Station and enjoyed the drive. This will be another positive I can report to my eye doctor next week when I see him.

Tuesday evening I did CrossFit, Wednesday I hiked at KVR in the morning and went out to meet my pal in the evening. This morning, I was at another great CrossFit workout and got my errands done before the rains started.

Friday my ex neighbor Teri is going to pick me up and we are going to dinner together! 


Whew!

Charlie leading the way
on Wintergreen Trail
[photo taken in IRChrome]


Ice Falls melting on
Wintergreen Trail
[IRChrome]



March may be kind of mucky, snowy, rainy, and icky. But this week I'm enjoying it. 




13 comments:

  1. Wow, look at you! You both look happy. I think it's wonderful you are meeting with friends. And driving at night...big win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that surgery was a miracle, so happy it was done! I can't believe my eyes kept me from doing so much for soooo long!

      Delete
  2. You are a social butterfly this week! Good for you getting out and about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice that you got together with an old friend & that your eyeball surgery was well worth it. You are a friendly gal & very much of a social butterfly most every week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like my time alone, but I love my time with friends too. Looking forward to our annual Spring hike???
      :)

      Delete
  4. Butterfly is right. That's more social life than I have in a month of Sundays! Enjoy it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding, more social fun than I've had in many many months!

      Delete
  5. That had to be so much fun. I am so glad your eyes have been corrected to give you your sight back. I like your snow shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, as always, I love experimenting with photography.

      Delete
  6. Anonymous6:48 PM

    Nice to see you out there having a great time! Your social life is on a roll. So glad you had your eyes "fixed." Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lori. Hope things are going well on your farm!

      Delete
  7. I read your blog yesterday on my phone where I can't comment.
    Good for you! I am glad you are making time for yourself and renewing old acquaintances. I hate the term "self care" , but honestly - it is what it is. I'm glad you are able to take some time for yourself.

    I have to get over myself and make an eye appointment.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.