Thursday, February 02, 2023

What next?

Well, February 2nd is my first Cataract Surgery. From what I understand it will take longer for prep and recovery from the mild sedative than it will for the entire surgery.


I've been told that colors will be more vibrant and white won't look beige any more. That is interesting as my brain is seeing snow as white, right?

Then I had this terrible thought. If my colors are all off, how has my photography in the past year or so been affected? I guess I will find out.

It has been nearly 60 years since I had eye surgery to help correct my vision. I am eternally grateful to my parents who made sure I had this eye surgery when I was little. By the time I reached 6th grade, I only had to wear glasses to read if my eyes were tired. I lived a childhood without being teased for crooked eyes. 


So I won't be posting or writing on Thursday.
My vision is supposed to be a bit blurry
and of course I'll be goofy from the sedation which could
last for about 24 hours.
😏

I'm writing this on Wednesday afternoon while waiting on a text for the time I'm to show up for my 'thing'.

So I will give you one more Lego indoor fun photo project to enjoy.

Items used. Blocks from our house remodel that I painted and put in a large tote for when children came over to play at my house. The little ol' fella from my Lego collection. I call him Rich...Oh and of course, his chicken.


And this is how it turned out.

Home Sweet Home


Have a great Thursday. I know I will.


Update: I have to leave the house at 5:30AM! Yikes!

7 comments:

  1. Good luck on an undramatic surgery and the pleasure of very much improved vision. I had my eyes done last year, so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be there now! Hope all goes well, yes colors will be brighter and you will need sun glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure you will have a successful surgery and I'm looking forward to your take on what your "new" vision does for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to wish you luck today, Like the legos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes indeed!! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great scene of Rich! I wonder what your real Rich says about him having a chicken (supper?).

    I don't think your photography colors are off at all in your photos. Like everything else photography, color vibrancy is a personal preference. You may have chosen to process them a tad different, but to me your photos look great. Including the colors.

    Rest up, including your eye. Healing will happen faster if you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rich laughs about it, especially when I put ol man Rich on the Big Tractor with his chicken. He asked me "Why a Chicken?"
      Me: Why not?

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.