Saturday, October 15, 2022

Pausing on a rainy sleety day

First off, I am totally excited that my Granddaughter Ariel will be coming to spend next Friday with us. She'll stay over night.

She turns 19 next Friday. Where on earth did all those years go???

Here are some photos from years past. 

Ariel brought so much into our lives over the years. Her folks used to come often to visit and would drop her off at our house while they stayed the weekend at my Mother in Law's large house.

Ariel wanted to be like Grandma Val with a 
backpack and camera...


Dancing with Grandpa Rich in the yard.



Helping Great Grandma Lenise


Helping Grandpa with chores


Riding Badger




Ariel let me know last month that she was planning on driving up her new to her car that she bought on her own to visit us. She'd been wanting to do a solo trip on her own for a while.

She is no longer a child but a grown up. She is working on getting her own apartment and place to live which is not easy right now. 

Secretly, I'd love it if she moved near us and worked at one of the nicest places around "Go Macro".  I doubt that will happen but I could wish it.

I'm not her 'blood' grandma, but I sure do love her.


I always have enjoyed our time spent together. She is a quiet person with a great imagination and is very intense in her sense of responsibilities.

I am looking forward to her visit as is Grandpa.



5 comments:

  1. Sadly I was not blessed with grandchildren, although my husband is.
    Loved the photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She isn't technically blood related, but we have spent so much time since her birth together, that I feel like we are. My other grands from my youngest son...I rarely get to see because they are so far away.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your visit. She sounds like a wonderful granddaughter! They do grow so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they grow up darn it! I'm so happy to have been a part of her life and that now at 19 she wishes to come and see Grandpa and I on her own! That feels huge to me.

      Delete
  3. That is something to look forward to!! Have a wonderful visit!!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.