Friday, October 07, 2022

Blasts of Colors

Fall.

[Designed with a photo of flowers and some 
artistic help from AI.]



I can never keep up when the colors start changing. I want to drop housework, chores, and everything just to spend the time outside looking for that amazing light and those colors of the trees and shrubs.

I get cranky and anxious, afraid that I will miss one beautiful red leaf dropping from the trees, or an afternoon golden glow in an old forest with little undergrowth.






I fear missing all those beautiful little fungi that seem to sprout up after a little rain. Or the incredible patterns of brightly colored leaves on the forest floor.

 





That first hard frost brings excitement and sadness. I want to see the frost on the petals of flowers and then I am sad when the flowers wilt by the end of the day. 

They talk about the Rite of Spring.

What should we call the Rite of Fall?

I found a quote that said "Autumn shows us how beautiful it is to let things go."

True. But... I want Autumn to last more days. Is is too much to ask of the trees and the brush to turn more slowly and to hang on to their leaves longer? 

Is it too much to ask of Mother Nature to extend those golden days just a bit?

Come on Mom Nature! Give us more beautiful days of awesome-ness to stand in your fall beauty and stare in wonder!



Just give me some more time to explore your colors and your trails....



Please?


The above photos were all taken just walking around the forest near my house.

Enjoy.

8 comments:

  1. Oh it is pretty there! We are at peak color now....maybe a day past peak. I like that quote:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely! Where you and I live autumn is far too short. The maples and ash seemed to have turned overnight and then we had high wind yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:26 AM

    I wanted to post some color today, but simply did not have the room. ( My posts are so long lately...) I think we found the same types of mushrooms! I thought they were Honey mushrooms, but now am not too sure. The dark gills and hairy caps throw my ID-ing off. If I have time later today, I will see if I can figure it out.
    As for the cooler weather, I do enjoy the color and cool air. I will miss the mushrooms most. But it is nice that the bugs are mostly gone now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is beautiful out .... and I don't mind your long posts!

      Delete
  4. We're not seeing much color. Seems some of the trees are simply dropping their leaves without being pretty first. What a bummer. We woke up to frost again this morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, after our first hard frost we had high winds which took so many leaves down it looked like it was snowing leaves!

      Delete
  5. Red is my favorite color and the sumac looks so great. I really don't take pleasure in letting go of the things but they just slowly face away while I am not watching.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.