Tuesday, May 17, 2022

One Longgg Day

I woke up at 4ish something o'clock, that gave me time to drink my decafe and pretend that it was caffiene coffee thta would give me a jump start on the day. Sunday was the lunar eclipse day! Yipee! I get excited about the strange things.

Charlie and I went for a nice early morning walk to check out the different trees I had tried to ID last year to see if I'd learned anything. 

By 7, I'd finished up my crazy Saturday blog stuff and went out to wash stock tanks and move critters around. Well. Let's keep it short. I was like a busy bee all morning.

I promised myself that I'd take a midafternoon nap because I wanted to stay up and watch the lunar eclipse. Hah. I didn't take a nap. I went Morel hunting and it was a flop!

Me, waiting for the sunset before watching the moon come up.



Sunset:


Moon rise...I was afraid the clouds would cover it all up but we got lucky!



The photos didn't turn out that well. I am not that great at doing moon shoots yet. The clarity still evades me, but these are some samples of what I got.








I tried to get the clouds moving through and it just really flubbed up the photo! 


The following is 57 seconds of the first half of the eclipse. It is wiggly because the moon of course kept moving out of frame. IF I had a movie/video editing program I suppose I could have edited the clips to make them all nice looking. However I rarely do any video work. ON1 has a nice time lapse feature which I used to do the sunset ~~ that was 27 seconds in camera and like 3 seconds at the frame rate the program has for choices. 

Keep watching to the end because it looks like the moon disappears...it does into clouds but I recorded until it went black!

57 seconds of the eclipse:


I didn't get to bed until wayyyy past my bed time. 

Monday proved to be a most excellent day.  More on that tomorrow.


4 comments:

  1. Yeah! You got it! I was going to go out, got tired soaked in the tub and got sleepy and went to bed! You did great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did get some great shots. I was concerned about the clouds as the night before it was very cloudy. But Sunday night we were clear but the moon hung so low that I had to position away from the neighbor's house. It did finally raise up above the neighbor's house roof. I was very tired Monday too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics & video! I was going to shoot the moon, but went to bed instead. I woke up and did go outside to see it (with my eyeballs) mid way through the eclipse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay so nice to see- it was completely clouded in here except for a short time right as it got dark, the moon was very low on the horizon here.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.