Friday, November 06, 2020

Trail Cam Shots

Meanwhile the trail cameras have been busy.
The first shot is of the twins this June. Since then I've been able to glimpse them often as they wander through the pastures. 
As of this week, they have been pushed away from the doe. It has been fun watching them grow all summer in the woods.


This is an old scrub apple tree near the end of our driveway. Most of the apples have fallen now but the deer still like to stop and browse.




I moved the camera to a new spot where I noticed a LOT of deer beds. So far this has been the best spot to catch activity.


This could be an immature eagle...but since my old trail camera no longer shoots in color...I can't tell.


These aren't in order by date, but just thought they were fun.
The bucks are different ones. There is this one below with a little fork in one of his points!



This trail is used often by the coyotes also. I never thought much of this section of the woods because it has such a heavy canopy of Buckthorn and Box Elder, not much grows underneath it. However, upon close inspection, the trails look like mini highways.




The next photo...are these the twins?
I'm going to pretend to know better and say they must be. 


This next one was taken on the 19th of October. It appears that one of the fawns is nursing. 



I enjoyed getting a good look at this fella. I've seen him before and failed miserably with my regular camera.

Good thing I have a trail cam!


Yesterday Charlie and I worked up a surprise for the fella that put his tree stand on the edge of our land so he can shoot into my woods. Nothing drastic. 
This fella has 200 acres of his own land and 'leases' another 100 acres, but is compelled to sit on top of my fence.

Tsk Tsk.

2 comments:

  1. Nice Trail Cam shots we hardly ever see a Buck! I wonder what his surprise will be...I would dump a load of manure at the base of the tree...cause I am evil that way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't cross the fence to do that but wow...good idea. A pile of poo.

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.