Thursday, November 12, 2020

Good Neighbors Good Fences.

Mostly I have really good neighbors. The ones that are not 'good' neighbors are those that don't live on their land.

Our 25 acre tract is narrow but long. I love our little place. The land is unique and there is always something to explore. The creek runs through it.

There is the Buckthorn Forest where the deer and so many other animals like to travel through.

Coyote, deer, raccoon, and of course the skunks and possums.



I can roam during every season and find something wonderful. Even in the brown season.
The doe below is in a thicket of prickly ash. Is that a real tree? I think so. Charlie and I watched her today just before the sun broke out.


Then I walked up to the back corner of ourland...Oh that purplie/pink thing is still there...and to think that the land owner is a 'well respected business owner' in town! 
Whatever. 

I posted about it in The Fence War...
I went out today and moved things around while staying out of the other person's camera range. So when dude comes back things will be moved around on my side of the fence.

I did it more because I was still in a Halloween Mood and wanted to try a photo with some cool effects.

Ghosts at night
[shot in the daylight]


The Blair Witch Project
[Twanas Stickmen]


I wanted to create from scratch something creepy and beautiful at the same time with a hint of movie fantasy to it. I have not seen The Blair Witch Project but found it fun to make a 'stick' person out of sticks, twine, and damp grass which I tied around the sticks.

It looks kind of cool and a bit creepy... slowly twisting back and forth in the breeze. 

I'd made two and set them down to rearrange my little ghosts.

Can you believe I spent about 20 minutes trying to find them again? They blended so well into the forest floor I had to really search for them.
I was sure I lost my mind. And if anyone had been listening to me, they would have heard me asking Charlie to find them. Charlie was searching out deer pellets and really had no interest in what I was doing.

I had a lot of fun after I found the stick people. 
Imagine morning light and some fog in this photo. Now wouldn't that be cool?
I just have to wait for a snowfall for these to be seen easier.



I built the little hanging ghosts out of balled up plastic grocery bags and duct tape, then took pieces of old white rags and some Sheer Voile Fabric scraps I'd picked up in a scrap bin. They make these little 'ghosts' seem to float in light breezes.

To me they are more like silent wind chimes. 

When I got home I looked at all the photos captured on the Trail Cam. Yes indeed the fella was facing our land with his bow. Now I do not mind harvesting or hunting. But I do mind hunting our land when ... well, this fella has 200 acres of his own land and 100 that he leases...so why bugger up my little back corner? 

Hubby said to take the camera down, he would rather I take more photos of the fine large buck that keeps meandering through the pasture up the hill from our house.

I think he is afraid that the guy in back would be dangerous. 

Though Rich had a funny thought. He said if he was still able to hike, he'd go back there and pick up the offensive object and mail it in a gift box to the landowner's wife with a note asking if she wanted her husband's toy back. I admit, that was pretty funny.

The camera goes back up next week before the gun season starts. I won't go back there for a few days, but I do want to see what goes on during opening weekend, if anything.

In the meantime, I'll have some more fun sorting through junk piles in the sheds and creating more figurines. I mean after all, I'm staying at home now and don't have places to go.

May as well have some creative fun. I'm going to hang out my zombie dolls I made for the neighbor kids when we were doing Treasure Hunts this summer.

Last thought. I sure can't wait to see what the raccoons do with that Purple/Pink thing. They sure love to chew on plastic!

Parting shot. More Gnome Photos.



I'm hoping for a bit of snow so I can do a new photo for Christmas cards this year.


Spring? Guess what! I am going to put the poor busted up barbed wire fence back up. Nice and tight. That is one thing I am good at, rebuilding fences.

Toodles.

2 comments:

  1. Rich has a great idea! I like your stick figures and your ghosts they are very creative. We had snow today so you may get it tomorrow:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had some light snow last night but it didn't stick at all.
      The stick figures are kind of fun to make and no two are alike!
      I have one last fun and invisible thing to do regarding the situation in back. I will spread mothballs and ammonia along the clear trail. That will keep the deer from using the area...
      I used this combo to rid my shed of ground hogs. It smells horrid, is invisible, and lasts a LONG time.
      What sort of things I think of when lying awake at night?

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.