Thursday, November 26, 2020

Don't keep me IN!

There is not going to be a big ol' Thanksgiving deal going on here today. No turkey since I am cooking and dis--like Turkey. Mashed tators, gravy, chicken breasts with crispy ranch coating, veggies, and red velvet cake.

So I have no big prep to do. Thanksgivings here have generally been a chili meal while the Great Big Hunters go out and sit in the woods to return and tell of the big one that got away. [Reminds me of fishing stories] 
Other years I made lasagna. Super easy. One dish no fuss.

The past couple of days were crappy ...rain with fog. Absolutely perfect for going out to the woods.
I mean, I had to get out of the house. I felt closed in.

Besides, wanted to see how the M1 Mark III did in the rain. I know, ...take a digital camera out in poor weather? Well, it is made for that. For skiing and rock climbing, I will use the Tough TG6 pocket camera.


Olympus makes more than one camera that is weather sealed and they also make weather sealed lenses. Those lenses are generally a bit heavier than the light weight kit lenses that I use the most. 
Nah, you aren't interested in that!

So how did this camera work? 
A dull rainy November crappy day.
And the messy but wonderful creek.


This camera has internal ND filters that you can use. This photo is shot at 2 seconds. The water smooths out with that exposure.
Fog, rain, and snow. 
It gives the creek such a different look doesn't it?
Without the 2 second exposure, the creek wouldn't have been as noticeable.

I had to walk to the ridge to pick up mail and drop off some cards to be sent out.

Charlie felt it was a good day to be out and find deer poop to nibble on.


We took a trail that led us down through the woods next to the driveway.

Multiflora and Berry Brier tangles...



Barberry in the wild and very invasive...but pretty.


Duck this thorny stem!



And the Meadow in all of its Gnarly Foggy Rainy Glory.
Ewww, just not pretty at all right now.





Today? I'll be putting up a hay feeder for the elder mules. Taking Charlie for a walk, and probably talking to family.

One of my Fractal friends told me to download another free fractal program called Mandelbulber. I'm going to watch a couple of tutorials later and see what fun things I can discover.

A couple of photos from this same day, 14 years ago.

Grand daughter and Grandpa together.



Have a wonderful day however you are spending this day.






 

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving. Deer hunters will eat anything after a long day of sleeping in the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving! I am not fond of Turkey either but we had it anyway. Your meal sounds better! Especially the cake! It was blah here today too:(

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.