Saturday, December 21, 2019

Progress!

So, I got the 4 wheeler going. But now I understand that it needs more than just my help.
I sat down yesterday morning and read the manual and Troubleshooting Guide for this machine. Really, I do like this 4 wheeler, and I think with a tune up and spark plug change, it could run for me all winter long, but other than hauling things with the cart, I don't use it much in the winter.

So at CrossFit we were sitting around after working out and someone made a suggestion that was actually a great idea.

This:

Yeah. A Polaris Ranger with a snow plow. These newer UTV's are for working and have engine block heaters and electronic fuel injection and all sorts of gizmo thingies to run in the winter or summer and the cheaper version can haul 800lbs of 'stuff'.
Oh my heart be still.
Yes, it is expensive, but I think I could easily sell the skid steer and get one of these which would be sooooo much more useful!

I'm thinking of how to approach Rich. It may take a year or so, but I think I have found a solution.
Yesterday I 'aired' up the truck tire and moved it to a level spot so if it goes flat again I can take the tire off.
One of the reasons I haven't sold the truck is that we had a conversation about it last year. Rich said that truck was to last as long as he lived. Huh. Do I need to say more?

So on to the fun stuff.

Yesterday morning ... going out for chores....


The dawn was delightful.
The temperatures were mild and dry!

So later in the day I thought I'd take a short walk with Charlie. I took a bagful of stuff for ... well, here it is:


I'm always searching for a fun way to use the woods as a backdrop for some still life photography.
Can you guess which camera I used to take this photo? Hint [the little Tough Camera!]

Or this?

Charlie was not amused at this intervention of his job to smell and search out squirrels. However he did sit still for me. Just would NOT look at me directly. I'll have to try this again with some dog treats!


Lighted vase in between two mossy rocks...


An Elf...


Grumpy Gnome...


Cowboy snowman...

All sorts of fun in the woods!

And then an incredible sunset....



Let the Winter Solstice celebration begin!


3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:09 PM

    I love the sunset picture and can imagine the joy for you to see it. I like your idea of the Ranger with snowplow. It seems like a great solution to the many chores you do. Charlie looks so cute and the still lifes look great too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah and hubby got his undies in a bunch over that! It will take time I think. Charlie was so funny ... he would NOT look at me at all!

      Delete
  2. That Polaris Ranger would be great for you! Hopefully Rich will come around! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.