Saturday, December 28, 2019

Some photography 'stuff'

So, what are my thoughts on the Olympus Tough TG 6?


Here is a sample of the slow motion video capture I took.
I took one of Sven running through the woods and posted it to FB. It came out really quite nice.

I'm still working on some of the features. But I adore the macro features it has.

Samples of just the macro:



Sample of in camera focus stack:



I need to get a bean bag or bag of rice to carry with so I can experiment ... this were taken hand held...

Still, pretty impressive and it would work much better on an insect or tiny mushroom.

I just got another plug in that I was never impressed with 10 years ago. It is called Topaz DeNoise AI. Now I AM impressed.
Here is a sample.


The above is a screen shot from an unedited Infrared shot from this summer with the Canon ELPH. That little camera had a lot of 'color' noise but is so handy to have in one's pocket.

Then here is one I just took the other day shown in Topaz DeNoise AI.


This is shown at 100%. We call it Pixel Peeping. Yes, there was noise but the light was poor.  It was shot at ISO 800 which creates noise but allows you to get the shot without it being blurry.


And yes, this was crazy red!

So, I am loving the Oly TG6 for many reasons. Easy to carry, easy to get the little things.
I understand the crazy menu that Olympus has since I've had some kind of Olympus camera since 2004. I love being able to take it out in poor weather and I love that it is waterproof.

While out yesterday afternoon, I took out my Infrared camera and used a 550nm filter. I've never been able to get any look that I've ever wanted with the 550, so I was frustrated to no end.

Well, I think I figured it out.



Really interesting. And of course there was no real good sun reflection for the IR which is best in very strong light. But still I enjoyed getting the IR Chrome effect with the 550nm filter.

I really like the white foliage a bit better. Not sure about this red/purply color.

I will have to do some more experimenting.

I ordered this photo on a faux canvas from this summer:


This is my favorite spot in the creek in any season.

I've thought of a fun new little project to work on. Telling a story with a tiny Teddy Bear I found....
Say Hi...
I'm not sure what to call him. Lil Bear?
Hmmm.

Stay tuned.


2 comments:

  1. You are having fun! I miss a true macro camera...so this one is on my wish list! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can probably get nearly the same camera in the Tough TG5? I imagine it may be on sale now that the TG6 came out?

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.