Monday, February 11, 2008

The Eagle

I walked outside in the crisp morning air to start my truck before going to work. All night wicked winds had howled and blown snow across roads and across our driveway.

I looked up for some reason and stood transfixed. A bald eagle with his/her white head was soaring slowly above me. Close enough that I could see it watching me. I didn't move, I couldn't move.
The eagle made 10 circles above me. I counted, I watched. Then it slowly lifted into the morning air and soared off high and out of my sight.

It is very hard to explain how I felt. It was 'spiritual' I guess. That is my only explanation. I was touched by an eagle.

1 comment:

  1. Lucky you. I've still never seen one in the wild. :( I sure hope to one day.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.