Thursday, February 07, 2008

A day away from School...


Generally I'm not a complainer...er maybe I am. Well I'm gathering my snowshoes and my assorted cameras and taking off into the woods. It looks like I'm going to miss the gorgeous frost display by waiting to help Rich feed hay to the 'gal' pasture. The sun has broken out and it is snowing lightly.
I know to our south and east they got dumped on yesterday with 12" and upwards of snow. There is a thick layer of ice under the snow so I am unable to take Badger out to ride him and I really feel that the fresh air will do wonders as I prepare for my Final Exam speech.
I'm still waiting to hear from anyone!!! about my internship that should start around the 15th of this month. It is agonizing to not hear from either my Internship Adviser nor the person who is in charge of the clinic where I am to intern!
Too me, getting out hiking is just about as good as riding. My mind actually clears of all thoughts of school, work, and everything else.
Instead it goes into 'forest' mode. Listening for animals, looking at tracks, feeling with my senses and sharpening my whole being.
Others do meditation, I do the 'woods'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.