Sunday, February 24, 2008

Speech Class is Done!

Well I did it, I finished my speech class!
I probably have the very best neighbors in the world. This is the second time they invited me to use their nice house and the Mrs. made a wonderful meal for the audience. Mr. helped by being my Tech Man.
This speech impressed Rich as he had not heard it. He said, 'Wow you had so much feeling and liveliness to your speech'.
Well being persuasive is supposed to be that way.
My topic was Hippotherapy and as I did research on it I not only read abstracts from studies, research, but also interviewed people that I knew who had done it. I also read Blogs from parents who have had their children in Hippotherapy. The stories are worth reading as they are uplifting and important as I wish the medical community would recognize how much good Hippotherapy really can do if it is done consistently.

I also was able to relate a personal story from being one of the first 4H leaders to work with a handicapped child and a horse.
At the time, I didn't know a thing about Hippotherapy--but what I did know is that this child and the horse had a profound effect on not only her learning, but on me personally.

I'll probably post the links to it tomorrow. Tonight I'm going to sit back and relax finally.

This little video of Morris was from our hike yesterday. You can now see how a JRT deals with deep snow. He is such a determined fellow and I love him dearly. The crunching you may hear was me trying to keep up with him while trudging knee deep in snow...with snow shoes on.


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:16 PM

    Congratulations! The Morris movie made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.