Sunday, July 26, 2020

There it is...


It's going to be
Hot!





It has been an interesting few days. 
Things go on as normal around our little farm but the heat and humidity have changed how I do things.
Most of my outdoor work is done before 10am. That means picking beans, lettuce, onions, and pulling weeds in the garden.
[That includes CrossFit workouts too. Uffdah!]

I like to sit on the porch later in the morning and get the veggies washed and ready to blanch. That too needs to be timed for very early in the morning.
I don't want to steam up the house during the hottest part of the day.




When I am bored and can't hike or go 'do' something, I start to go rather stir crazy and take out the camera and just go at it. 
I experiment with Infrared, with long exposures, and even resort to taking the toys out for some fun.

Yesterday as I was sitting in the yard with some toy Unicorns and a rat skeleton [toy]. I realized I was just like a kid. 
I was creating. 
The camera was my paper and pen. Most of the photos were silly but fun and kept me occupied. I'd actually studied a tutorial regarding how to use a Long Lens for Macro work. 
So I decided to try it.


Not a true macro, but heck...it IS a unicorn!


And Unicorns like to play...so here they are playing! But yikes! What is lurking in the grass behind them?


I also wanted to be silly and tell a story...or make a visual. 
Nothing earth shattering, but just for fun.
This unicorn should be more careful!




Rich sleeps away the afternoons while the heat bears down on us.
Charlie and I sit on the porch and watch clouds, and listen to the birds. I read a book. But I can't sit still for too long.

I wander the yard and look for interesting things.
It's hot and muggy. 
Just dragging the hose across the yard to put fresh water in the mules' tank makes me gush sweat.

Uff.

I find something interesting to try so I sit in the grass. 
I'm always curious. How will I look back on this photo? Will I remember that I sat in the grass to wait for the tank to fill up?



I will look back and recall how nice it is to have Charlie with me.
He sits and surveys the world from a spot in the shade.

He turns to look at me every few minutes. 



.... and there it is.
Another quiet day in seclusion at the farm.

I don't mind it so much now.

2 comments:

  1. I messed with my camera and settings today also! Also had a long nap...the heat just exhausts me:) Those darn hoses are heavy and could be part of the cross fit program:) Stay cool:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naps are good! Charlie is a believer!

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.