Wednesday, July 08, 2020

It is only Wednesday?

So.

This week has been an odd one for me.

We had our first time 'out' for an extended drive for a 2 minute lab test for the VA doctors. Secure Messaging for refilling scripts.
~Thank goodness for Secure Messaging. 
Afterwards we ordered 'fast' food through a drive up. The eating areas were closed everywhere in Baraboo, Wisconsin. So we ate in the car with it running and the A/C on. [We wouldn't have gone in even if they were open.]

Sympathy cards in the mail for my MIL. 
~My own family is a bit odd about death and dying. My mother and Grandfather never said 'passed'. People died. Period, they didn't Pass.
Passing was something you did on the road.
Grandpa used to say that he wasn't going to go to 'So and So's' Funeral because by golly...So and So wasn't coming to his.
He used to recite the Ashes to Ashes saying in a much different manner.

I grew up without proper funeral etiquette. My father abhorred funerals, he said it was barbaric to see the dead in a casket. 
Do I acknowledge the sympathy cards? What happens when people write a check? The funeral was pre paid. See, I am at a loss with death and its accoutrements.
[edit: any moneys will be donated to the nursing home for activity supplies...I emailed my stepdaughter to find out what to do!]

My knowledge is so lack that I didn't even know that the updating of the headstone would be taken care of. 
I guess it is time for me to do some studying.

I've jumped back into my Virtual CrossFit workouts. I skipped last week as I was so exhausted from sitting with MIL for days. I had no idea how much that daily effort would simply drain me. I am however glad that I did it. 
It feels good to be back into some sort of routine after feeling like I was in limbo for a week.


Heat/Muggy/Horrid Heat.
The heat and misty mornings are incredible to view and photograph of course.


I went out at 4:30 to watch the predawn from different areas of the ridge.
The heat index is around 100 each day and the yard is beginning to look like we should cut it for hay!
Rich wants to do it, however the conditions are not good for him to be out in the heat.

After my workout yesterday, I took a walk to cool off.

Sven was working on his particular skills as a weed wacker. I made a tiny collage of the things I saw on my walk.



Some of that is from my garden obviously and some of that is from alongside our long driveway.

I saved the books my MIL had in her boxes and thought it would be fun to read what she read.
Um. I'm not into Romance Novels, however during the hot afternoons I can pick a book up and stay cool inside during the hottest parts of the day while Rich naps.

I can say this. The books are easy reading.
The stories are rather predictable but what do I know?

It's only Wednesday!





3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:02 PM

    I love the pictures, especially the one of Sven. :) I am feeling contrary today so I'll say "What? It's Wednesday already." :) I sympathize with you for the void in your life now, my experience is that it doesn't get easier, just less raw and intense with time. I'm sending you thoughts of comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone deals with grief and death differently. I don't like to say passed away either...dead...is dead. I haven't read a romance novel in a long time...too old I guess and always so predictable...formula books my daughter calls them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are predictable but at least I had my mind occupied for an hour or so! Yup, my parents and grandparents were all dead is dead people. I do say passed or passed away though most of the time to not offend.

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.