Thursday, July 30, 2020

All in a day



It started out on a whim before dawn. I don't even know why I decided to just grab my Nikon and head up the hill. I expected to be disappointed because it looked like the clouds were going to fill up the sky and we would have a dreary morning.


The surprise wasn't the pretty colors in the east, it was the stunning colors emerging in the south and west.


I stood there for a long time taking photos as the colors and hues kept changing.


And when I got home just before 6, the day was starting. I watered and checked the mules. Moved Lil' Richard and Sven to some nice grazing spots, and came inside to check on Charlie and Rich.

Both were sound asleep so I picked green beans as the sun peeked over the tree tops. I got soaked with the morning dew but had a pretty good haul of green and yellow beans. I found some ripe tomatoes, pulled most of the onions, and sat on the porch to wash everything and prep it.

I got an email from my CrossFit Coach telling me that my WOD [workout of the day] was a 5K! Now understand, many of my workout friends can't run due to needing a new hip, a new knee, or even other assorted issues. We are not all Olympic athletes. So a cardio workout is taylored for them. They get to ride a stationary bike or use a rower. 
I'm not going back into a gym situation at this time. I am still Virtual.
I was so tickled to have an ALL run/jog workout, that I stopped everything I was doing and changed to go run.

I had to take my smart phone as I'd never really measured out what 3.1 miles would be if I ran it on foot! 
And I ran it. Well, perhaps I looked like an old lady shuffling down a gravel road. However I felt like I was Nike, the goddess of speed, strength, and victory flying over the road with my Covidhair blowing in the breeze.
My phone kept track of my route, my time per mile, and gave me an accurate run.


[my running route includes wide open spaces with no humans in sight]

All that aside.
When I finished, I still felt energized.

So much so that after freezing and putting produce in the dehydrator, I went out and found a willing mule.


Okay, maybe Siera wasn't willing at first.


But she proved again what an incredible animal she is. We rode nearly 4 miles around the neighbor's wild wood. Here we stop to watch a doe and her twins run through the woods below us.
My mules wear a bell. This way I never walk up on top of a deer or other form of wildlife. It works well. It isn't obtrusive and I think the bell makes a nice sound.



After getting back home, Siera got a treat.



Some grain and some yard grazing.
This after a ride pretty much assures that she will meet me at the gate next time too.

After supper, I caught up Mica. I haven't ridden her in over a year.

We went for a sunset ride along the backroads that I'd gone running on.


When I went to bed that night, I felt so calm and complete.


Something powerful reawakened me on that 5k. I hadn't run in years. I had tried to start up again, but never really did well. It just felt good. 


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:30 AM

    Wonder filled day with the joy of physical exercise.👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for running! You sound energized...just like the bunny you keep on going and going:)

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.