Sunday, July 05, 2020

4th of July

Once a year we turn the end of the road near the mailboxes into a Fireworks Park.

My 'upstairs' neighbor loves to put on his own fireworks show instead of heading to town to be in a huge crowd.

This year it worked well to our advantage. Their family gathered in one spot and I was able to walk down the road to find a vantage point to have some photography fun.

There was plenty of air and distance between us [yes it was hot and muggy but what would the 4th be like if it were cold?].
Justin just gets better each year at picking out fireworks and designing safe ways to set them off.

I take the time each year to learn more and more about photographing them.


The above shot was taken in the full moon light. I stood for 10 seconds in front of the camera and then walked away. I added some fireworks. 











So there were the fireworks!

It was a very different day. The morning was the graveside service for MIL and there was a small gathering of friends. Lots of masks even in the heat.





This long chapter is over now. MIL no longer is in pain. There was a sense of closure and relief even more so because until the last 3 days of her life we were not allowed to see her because of Covid-19 restrictions.

However we move on.


4 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice graveside service. You and Rich are the old folk now. What a great fireworks show:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Okay I guess we are in a way. He is the last of the Ewing males in his 'line' so to speak. He says that makes him the Boss Man. I had to laugh. I think he meant Patriarch?

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss, your kindness shines through in the blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. MIL was always exceptionally patient and kind to me and that is all I could do to return the favor.

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.