Saturday, July 11, 2020

The Brat Pack



This is the Brat Pack. In the center is Fred. He is around 34 years old and is the only male we have left on our property. He is hanging out with 15 on his right a mare horse that was supposed to be a pony but wasn't. 
Sundance is on his left and she is the half sister to Sunshine.

Fred is retired. 15 is looking for a new home. I don't have time to train her nor the desire to.
Sundance? I've waffled on her for a long time. She has been started under saddle but I'm pretty much done with that too.

I'm investigating the possibility of having her sent out for training.


So these three are seperate from the the 'riders' right now and have the forest and the large meadow to graze and run around in.


And they do run around! That is Fred in the lead.

Sometimes I wonder why on earth I keep them and then I look at the meadow they graze and am grateful for their grazing. 
I am grateful that I can ride the other three [Fred is retired unless I need a pony to lead a kid around on...not happening now anyway...with Covid-19].

I think with the increase in infections we will not be accepting visitors to the farm even if they sleep in tents and use the outhouse.
Last weekend with visits from a few folks for the funeral and the uptick in infections has caused us to decide to keep our place off limits.
A doctor from the VA called to check on Rich yeseterday and he suggested NO one in the house period from outside.
Yesterday the Oxygen people came.

2 comments:

  1. Our kids used the upstairs bathroom the weekend of the 4th of July. Until then our house was a no visiting zone...and is that way again since then. Far Guys Doctors said the same thing. The Oxygen Guy leaves the tank and whatever else Far Guy needs outside of the door...that is where we put empty bottles for pickup. I hope the in the bedroom machine keeps on working I know they like to check them every once in awhile. Far Guy uses B tanks mostly except at night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had to check the concentrator as the last one failed on Memorial Day Weekend. But I doubt we will see them again for a long time. Lines and cannulas can be shipped and since we aren't travelling and Rich's feeling better he doesn't use the tanks much.
      We only have an outhouse and no extra bathroom.
      My would be visitors work with the public in retail and whatnot in high viral areas. So I am on the fence as I would love to see them, but not see them. Make sense?

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.