Sunday, July 15, 2018

Remember the Thrift Shop Adventure?

Well I came away with some prizes and I wasn't sure what exactly I'd do with them.

So last night I packed a backpack full of the essentials. Teddy Bears, a tea cup, a stuffed chicken, and my camera goodies. I had some ideas running around in my head and just thought I'd visit the creek and see what happened.

I don't plan creativity, it sort of just happens by accident. I was told once that I shouldn't depend on serendipity but should plan all of my creative adventures out carefully one step at a time.

I just can't do that. If I plan too hard with an idea, it falls apart.

It was hot and muggy. It was overcast and very late in the day. I wasn't sure how buggy it would be in the creek area or if I'd be wasting my time.
I guess I didn't care. The creative bug had struck and I wanted to see where it took me.

The woods were dreary and dark, the leaves dripping with moisture. I made my way slowly down through the neighbor's pasture to the creek. I ducked under tree branches and slid down the red clay embankment and stood in the creek.
It was much cooler here. I looked upstream and notice a very light fog hovering over the creek.
It pleased me.

It meant that the air above the creek was much cooler and the buffer between the hot humid air and the cooler air created a light fog.



The Teddy bears in my backpack were nagging me. Well, not really, but I kept thinking about them.

I climbed over some mossy rocks and placed the little teddy and the rabbit. The light was dim.


Sort of what I was thinking, but not really. I edited it with cross processing and some vintage effects.

I had emptied my toys out and had set the Teddy Bear from Ty on another rock to try something else.
This happened to be my favorite shot of the evening.

Serendipity right?


I then put all the critters on a ledge and carefully negotiated the pond to take another shot.


The muddy portion of the water is from me going through the pond and stirring up silt. While examining this I was disappointed in the stick sticking up in the middle of the bottom of the photo.
I also didn't care for the roots and clutter around my toy critters.
However. It was in the now and daylight would fade quickly. I can always go back and tidy up the area now that I know how it looks through the lens.


I imagined a tea party on mossy rocks. I liked this and took several angles. But thinking about it this morning...I wonder if smaller tea cups...doll size... would work better. And perhaps a picnic blanket for them to sit on.

The fluffy chicken in my backpack was still there. I was not able to find something for her. The teddies and the rabbit took the moment.

Perhaps the fuzzy chicken and the large teddy bear could have a picnic some time soon.

I turned around and sat on a wet rock.
The fog was hovering over the pond near the 4 wheeler entrance and exit from the creek.
If you look hard, you can see the little beach chair and the child's blue chair sitting on the rocks to the right of the curly root I'd pulled up to add to my garden.



I walked to our fenceline and took another shot towards PeeWee's. I resisited the urge to walk down to the rock wall and set things up.
That could wait for another day.
Perhaps tomorrow.


The time was getting late and I had to check on Rich.

As I walked up the hill road, I noticed the temperatures rising and by the time I reached the mule pasture, I was soaked in sweat.

Well. I guess you know where I prefer to spend my time. It is much cooler in the creek!

I may have to visit the Thrift Store again. I don't need toys, however I can always find homes for them. What is an old lady going to do with her odd collection of toys?

I guess I just never grew up. My husband says so.

After all...who poses toy soldiers in their vegetable gardens???

Me...

3 comments:

  1. I followed a blogger for a long time that had a collection of toys including lots of cars, he was an over the road trucker so I enjoyed all his photos:) I like the lone Teddy Bear the best:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go in spurts. Right now it is dolls and teddy bears for some reason. I have trolls too that people give me. They are fun for photo adventures.
    Right now I'd like to find some kid toy tea cups and set up a picnic for the bears.
    These are great things to make my mind off from the troubles of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just may be inspiring me to dig out my few toys for some in-home adventures.

    I always knew you were a bad influence ... which is my favorite kind of influence!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.