Monday, July 09, 2018

Gone Shopping






Well, the whole idea of picking up some goofy stuff was to entertain ourselves by dressing up oddly and enjoying some time on the porch.
The last shot is my pal Daryl moving around in a 5 second exposure. I had hit the remote and told Amanda to hold still. Everyone else got blurred.
Not a perfect shot at all, but all of them still fun.

I got the leopard print shirt at the Thrift Store for .75 cents. The hat was a thrift store find from a year ago. The Teddy Bear? I think I paid .50 cents for it. One of the girls was wearing an old evening gown of mine from the 1990's.
Remember the Bumblebee Transformer Mask in the last post? Daryl is wearing that. We found it all hilarious and good fun.
Who the heck needs cable?

The rifle in the corner is a .BB gun.

I dug out some odd chairs that Rich had picked up years ago at an auction. We took those to the creek and set the beach chair at the edge of the creek. My Thrift Store teddy bears [and rabbit] looked great sitting on the 'beach'.


One of the kids put the kid's blue chair right in the middle of the creek and set a Baby Doll on it.


Saturday was another Thrift Store experience. I guess it could actually be called an Indoor Flea Market. I purchased a set of mini chickens. A Hen and Rooster.
The store is in Westby and it used to be an old Tobacco Warehouse.




On our way back through Viroqua, we stopped at Driftless Books and Music.

This was probably our best stop of the whole week. Books, books, and books. Oh yes, lots of music also.




I spent $11 dollars and bought two mysteries, a philosophical book and a book on backpacking.


I think finding odd stores and thrift stores are fun. I know I'll go back for some more books soon. 





2 comments:

  1. We like Flea Markets and Thrift shops but we are trying to downsize a bit! Looks like you had great fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know all about downsizing, we keep trying it here too. Most of my little toys are given to me by kids, keeping the house de-cluttered is my constant goal. I'm doing pretty well at it. Items that are no longer needed go back to a Thrift Store or to Goodwill!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.