Sunday, July 29, 2018

All work and no Play?

This should be a day for me to rest up for the coming week...

But...
There is always a but...


I think I am done with the 4 wheeler for a while now. The fence is connected and tested. I will release the mules into the forest later today...this afternoon so I can walk down with them and see how they react. They should be just fine.

I have learned quite a bit about fencing and electric fences from this project. I won't bore you with the details however it can be a challenge to get it to shock properly. As of right now a very minimal pulsing current is enough to keep my mules in. They don't even touch it.
The cattle respect it also.

I did find out that if we enter a very dry spell that the grounds get weak and the fence drops in its effectiveness. We are in that very dry spell, so I did some research and used a sprinkler to dampen the earth by the ground spikes.

Okay, that was pretty boring. But testing this morning shows my fence power is back to normal!

Last note.

When Charlie begins to disappear in the grass, it is time to mow.
I mowed yesterday and finished all but the weed whacking in 2.5 hrs.

I tried some motivation for Rich to get up and get off the farm today to go with me to see some kids and their fair pigs. I have a memory stick of photographs from last weekend's softball game to drop off to our 'hay' man and his family.

No such luck. Rich will generally jump at any opportunity to go and visit with Ed and his family.


There's always some reason
To feel not good enough
And, its hard at the end of the day
~~Sarah McLachlan
In the Arms of an Angel


Have a good Sunday. Charlie and I just got back from watching the sun come up on the ridge. The fog is pouring into our hollow now bathed in golden light.

I think I'll go start our chores.

3 comments:

  1. Too bad Rich wouldn't go with you, makes for a lonely day for you. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love reading about your adventures with Charlie, Bear and Rabbit. Keep the adventures coming!!
    I can understand what you're going through with Rich as my husband has the same issues. Hang in there as best as you can. It's hard to take care of everything. You are doing a wonderful job!! Just take care of yourself. I've learned this the hard way.
    Praying it will get easier for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.