Saturday, August 15, 2020

Time Out

 


After hours of freezing, drying, and cooking, I thought a day 'off' would be in order.
Charlie and I headed to KVR to check out how long it would take me to get to the ponds if I parked at Star Valley or Willow Camp.

Star Valley used to be a road that joined Old 131. It is a maintenance road now and allows the KVR people to access different areas with equipment needed to mow and clear trails.

I had an idea that this next month or so that I am going to hike down to the ponds to take some photographs of a sunrise over the water.

I took the following shots with my little Infrared pocket camera.
The walk through the trees was wonderful for the light and shadows.





However, once we got on the main trail. IT was hot! 

I stopped more than once in some scarce shade to give Charlie a break from the sun and some water too.

We made it to the ponds after I had a brain fart and turned left instead of right. Well, it pays to do these things in the daylight if you plan to do the hike at predawn I suppose.
We made the ponds and I took shots with my little pocket camera in Infrared of course.


These were taken with a pocket camera. A Canon ELPH 180 that I ordered from Kolari Vision. I did have my Olympus OMD EM 5 [old and abused camera converted after I had fun with this pocket camera]...but the Oly is having major issues now. I can still get a decent photo out of it, but the LCD is green and dullish.

I take the Canon pocket camera on hikes when I don't feel like dragging along extra weight. I also use the little red pocket camera on hikes. Less equipment = less weight.
I am doing this for fun and creative distractions.
Call it art if you wish.

But it sure takes my mind off from all the world troubles.

So here I am...another photo...a self shot of me having fun with CrossFit later that day. I was following my coach's suggestion of using Charlie as an awkward item to lift.
Note the messy hair!

Here is the funny video I made for my CrossFit coach and friends....


Naughty Charlie was digging in the yard.
He has discovered voles!
Enjoy if you want and laugh aLOT. The mules did!

Last note.
I started getting the photos for the Nonnicorn and Buddysaurus Book of Adventures ready. I even did an outline for the little fun book. 
I needed a project to do while this world is raging with so much angst and upheaval.


Be well, be safe.
Enjoy life as you can.

2 comments:

  1. Cute video...I am certain Charlie does not weigh as much as the barbells! You are looking great! Voles are the pits...hope Charlie gets them...they will eat roots of perennials and other good stuff:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlie was funny, he dug up a vole and then just stared at it! Rich says he likes to just make them uncomfortable so they will go away. He hunts grasshoppers too. Or should I say observes them!

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.