Saturday, April 04, 2020

Creepy Baby...and the sewing machine


I like Still Life photography and even have had more fun with it when I use toys. Most toys in the beginning were given to me. This Creepy Baby was given to me by a little boy when I was baby sitting for him.

He said the toy was 'yucky'. I asked mom about it and she grimaced saying it may have been her toy as a kid. Please take it.
It just looks like a demented toy of sorts and thus it was named Creepy Baby.


He's been around for a couple of years and is small enough to fit easily in a pocket.

I usually toss him in my camera bag along with the LIL Bear which was also a donated toy.

He ends up in so many places!

But!
There needs to be a bit of cuteness in this world of madness, right?
Who doesn't love a cute Dragon Baby?


The mushrooms and funky flowers were made by me. I also made the green Popsicle stick thingy with green stuff on it...I couldn't help but have a bit of fun.
The tiny treasure chest came in a huge bag of stuff from my Grandmother Pearl's belongings. It is very old and had a thimble in it.

I wonder if cute dragons get along with the more dangerous looking types...


I guess we will find out.

See? I'm a kid at heart.

When we were kids, my brother, sister, and I used to take our toys and build them forts on the saggy ping pong table in the basement. We used to 'set up' soldiers and other toys to present a story to the viewer. We'd leave The Set Up for a day or so and then change it again.
We entertained ourselves for hours in the basement. Huge battles were won and lost. The Kitty Hotel was built. It featured an eraser that was shaped like a pink cat. I had a yellow dragon eraser.  We never used them on the end of our pencils.

They raged battles with the soldiers, until we launched marbles at all of them and knocked them down.

So this evening I messed around with some items I found chucked in the big shed. I wondered what it would be like to create a scene with Creepy Baby and his Nefarious Friendly Frogs.


So yes, I had some fun which took my mind off the news.

Today's rap sheet ran like this...
I wanted to find the plug for my sewing machine. After thoroughly going through every box in the basement and cleaning and organizing ...and labeling everything...
I went upstairs and did the same thing to the tiny closets and the little attic space.
I have a cart-full of junk to haul to the dumpster.

I even went through all the items stored in the little Red Shed.
No cord for the sewing machine.

So I ordered a replacement before chores and supper.

And then this evening, I had a bit of fun....



Stay safe.
Stay well.



1 comment:

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.