Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Thoughts for today....


I really thought I'd have some fun Sunday while stuck inside while it rained/sleeted/iced and blew outside.


My husband thought I should be certified as nuts.

But the weather was nasty, the news sucked, and the day was so dreary that I needed something to be uplifting.
Thus the Toilet Paper soldiers!

I then set up both patterns of the face masks I'd printed off line and  cut out some fabric.

I made the two versions and decided that I liked the feeling of the one version much better than the other.
The flatter of the two versions was better for me. I made 3 masks total. When I go shopping next week [3 weeks between shopping for items] I will wear one as I did last time. I keep the bandanna one in my backpack as a just in case mask.


This face mask was for fun to wear with my Skunk Hat. It is very thin. However, I thought it was fun just to put on and take a selfie.

I haven't sewn anything since we were getting ready for our remodeling in 2014. So it was nice to see that I hadn't forgotten how to do it.
I may even do some of the projects I have all cut out and ready to sew in my kit...that have been sitting around for at least 6 years.

I couldn't help myself then...and got out some scraps of felt....


Well, I made masks for my toys I take out for posting to the Doe Story. Of course ... there is one in every crowd!

I had to think up how to make a mask for a matchbox car!


Oh the toys are not properly 'Socially Distanced' but I had to crowd them in for the photo.

My last thought. Are face masks going to be our 'new' reality for a long time?
No one really knows.
How long can one isolate?

My son says he is lonely.
I am lonely.

I have my husband, my dog, my animals...but I am yearning for that social freedom we used to have.
Meeting someone for coffee.
A hug from a friend.

Human contact. How will it change?

I don't have the answers.




1 comment:

  1. You were having fun again! 4 degrees here this morning. Normal...I don't think that means anything anymore. :(

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.