Not the best of photos, but here is the peanut butter jar house after I painted it. The tree came from Amazon and I'll use that in a summer project. I'm considering trying my hand at making a 'fairy garden'.
I'm not sure about the little house, I will most likely have to spray it with a fixative to see if it can withstand the weather.
And there is Mr. Morris too.
I have this over my kitchen sink at the moment. Just to make me smile while I do dishes.
So I watched a few more videos and decided to try some more projects.
I put a bottom on a 'mushroom' I'd made with a toothpick in it...
Then I thought I'd try using foil to make a gnarly tree.
I know the clay I was using would crack but I didn't mind as I'd use Elmer's Glue and repair it with a bit of more clay. I think the little cracks make it more interesting.
This is after I patched it in places. Now I have to let it dry and do some magic with moss and paint!
These were experimental mushrooms. When the material is not put over cardboard or foil, it doesn't seem to crack!
I decided to try another form of Fairy House...made out of things I could find in the woods.
Since I didn't know what I was really doing ... I just winged it. Allison said she kept having new ideas and I let her flow with it.
I was aiming for some sort of little wooden house/hut.
It certainly wasn't as cute as what I'd seen on line.
It is sort of fun and cute!
I have a bit more work to do with some moss and final touches.
On these dreary days, I love to try new things.