Monday, January 06, 2020

Mindful time






Sitting by the Creek

I hear the creek's waters
and look down through the reflections to watch
for signs of trout.
I see the sky and trees
instead.
I see the sandy bottom of the creek.
The patterns of the currents in the sand
and mud
that is crisscrossed by pieces of branches,
logs,
from a past flash flood.

I came here to think and to have some
quiet time. 
Sure that a revelation would pounce 
into my head.

Instead I am mesmerized
by reflections and 
patterns.

And I realize
this is
really what
I
came for.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:59 PM

    Beautiful poem and drawing. I find the sound of running water so peaceful - unless it's from a leaky pipe. :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh a leaky pipe! I have wonderful stories about leaky things!

      Browse this ....
      https://mulewings.blogspot.com/2011/08/how-to-get-your-sink-fixed-plumbing.html

      Delete
  2. Your time at the creek is important!!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.