Monday, September 30, 2019

DIY fall wall hanging

I saw something on YouTube that was suggested by another person and I browsed some DIY decoration ideas.

I found one that was perfect for a rainy day and since I had all of the materials, I thought I'd try it myself.

Note...I am NOT a painter. I am not really an expert at all, so here was my 'go' at the project.
It would have looked better if I'd had a stick or stencil to make the 'pot' for the flowers.

So

I made a brown backround. And blue looking sky.

 Then my not so great attempt at making a pot for my fall flowers.


So I added some color just because...


So now that I am feeling like an awkward kid again, I decided to go to the next step. Really, I was going to toss this out but decided to follow it through.


Cut an opening in the canvas. This is a framed canvas so it worked for this project.


Stick flowers into the cut and arrange.


Hang on the wall and move the flowers around.

I forgot to show the step where you hot glue the stems on the back of the canvas...

When it is surrounded by other photos and a wreath, it actually looks pretty decent on the wall and really adds some 'fall' color.

I was going to toss it, but it grew a bit on me. And I'm thinking of how to decoupage some fall leaves on a canvas and do the same sort of thing with a Christmas and Thanksgiving theme. Sort of adds dimension to a wall hanging.

Um...what I saw and what I wanted to do are far different...here is a shot of one done expertly.

And...I can't find the link to the DIY video I watched but you can figure this out yourself.

I like mine mainly because I did it. Now to have some fun with some more ideas when November comes around and it is just plain icky and dull outside.

I may even try something different tomorrow as it is supposed to rain buckets and we have up to 3" of rain forecast.
Sigh.
We do not need it.
If it spits outside, it will flash flood.


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:18 PM

    A great idea for a seasonal decoration project.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.