Monday, September 02, 2019

Using colored filters with IR

Sometimes I just need to try strange things out.

Friday I experimented with a blue filter, a purple filter, green, pink, orange, yellow, and brown.

I put them on the infrared camera and had some fun results

Brown:
As expected with a brown tint straight out of camera.
Edited:
Pretty interesting!
Green:
Well that is different!
First edit:
Second edit which involves layering a 'painted' image over the this layer and using a Luminosity layer at about 30% to add color and pop.


Now...I like that! It appeals to my sense of wild.

Next: Pink
Meh.

First edit:
Second edit:
I dropped this into Paint to Picture by Corel to add a bit of pizzazz. Well, I left it as the 'painting' as I liked it so much better!


After some other failures and successes, I decided to go with the Blue Filter and see what would happen.
I got two variations with minimal editing.

This first one is my favorite and what I have been yearning after with doing IR!
This is Thor's paddock now taken apart and dismantled except for the gates to take him in and out.



This is a shot I do over and over again in different light to try and understand how different times of the day effect the IR filters.


Here are what the filters look like:

And there you go.
Having fun with colors!

1 comment:

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.