Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Heroes of the Highway



I used this photo in a blog I did in December after a wicked snowstorm and a 'wicked' drive home the next morning from work.

I am amazed at how hard our county highway works and exactly how 'little' we appreciate them, so on a whim this past week, I wrote the following letter to the editor of the Vernon County Broadcaster which is our local 'rag'.

County Highway Workers Deserve Praise


So I had two phone messages when I got in from helping Rich do chores this morning. One from a fellow guard who is the wife of a county worker, and another from one of our neighbor [as the crow flies ~~ about 3 county miles].
The message was simple.

'Thank you so much for appreciating us.'
Well my Heroes of the Highway, you are very welcome indeed.
[3" + 41"= 44" of snow so far this winter season]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.