Friday, January 04, 2008

The Sun Dog



This morning while driving to work I was fortunate enough to see a 'sun dog'. I re-routed my drive so that I could safely pull over and get out of the car and take a photo.
There it is...the ever present camera, my hubby says it must be a part of my body! Haha. How many times have you driven down a road or walked a path and seen something you wished you could have taken a picture of?

Well, I don't believe in missed chances. Winter skies always offer such great colors [when it isn't snowing!]
I did look up 'sun dog' under weather related items and it is said that sun dogs predict the coming of rain.
Well perhaps the weather person will be correct this weekend then! Rain is predicted along with our 'January Thaw'. This should make for some interesting hiking tomorrow as the creeks begin to fill with 'run off'.
I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.